Kllm getting strict

Discussion in 'KLLM' started by duddie, Oct 9, 2008.

1. RoadToad69

RoadToad69 Mistress of Mayhem

Sep 20, 2007
    BFE, TX
    Hey SimpleMan,

My truck will be in Jackson tomorrow afternoon and once I get all my stuff off of it (coming in for the lease program orientation and getting back to a good ole Columbia!) you might want to look at it.
    Randomly, while driving down the road, the voltage reading will drop to 11.8-11.9 causing the battery warning light to come on. It'll then swing around from 11.8 / 11.9 up to 12.8 /12.9, back and forth before eventually going back up to 13.3 /13.4. It hasn't affected dirveability so I've been holding off having it looked at out on the road as I know it is more cost effective for the company shop to look at it. I have also noticed that since that started happening I seem to be getting shocked more (like static charge type shock). Starts fine, runs fine. Might be a minor electrical system hitch.

RT

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2009
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Simpleman601

Simpleman601 Bobtail Member

Feb 15, 2009
    Hattiesburg, MS

Could be alternator problem or loose wire on alternator, make sure to tell rodney or danny at shop desk to have it written up and someone will try and get to it as soon as we can, its been a hectic couple of weeks at the shop they're forcing most mechanics to work 6 days a week this month.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.