KLLM, Inc. - Richland, Ms.

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Scarecrow03, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Light Load Member

Nov 25, 2006
    All drivers have to go thru the probational period, company policy. As far as the passenger insurance, I'm sure it is a requirement also.

I know most of the recruiters there cause only 2 have left since October 2001. Yes, I left in Jan 2006 as a driver but I still stay in contact with KLLM on a regular basis.

PM me, maybe I can help.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Magoo2003

Magoo2003 Bobtail Member

Jan 15, 2007
    GA
    I understand each company has a different policy & probation period for this. Not a problem. I just wanted to gather enough information to be able to make a good decision for my wife & myself.

Ledbetter, I PM'd you. Thanks.

4. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    I worked for KLLM back when they were driving Cabovers. I do remember that miles were never a problem and they kept the trucks well maintained. I would run refer if the grocery wharehouses did not treat drivers like crap.

5. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Light Load Member

Nov 25, 2006
    Big Blue; if anyone treats me like crap, I give them a taste of their own medicine. Works everytime.

6. MedicineMan

MedicineMan Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    Isn't KLLM owned by swift now?

I used to haul a BUNCH of there freight through there brokers when I had my authority many a moon ago.

7. Scarecrow03

Scarecrow03 Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2006
    In Your Head
    I don't think Swift is the new owner that was being talked about when I was with them a couple months ago.

8. MedicineMan

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    All I know is when I mentioned hauling freight from KLLM Logistics to my fleet manager he said "that was before swift bought them"

9. rebtris

rebtris Bobtail Member

Feb 20, 2007
    I heard on the driver update message (I currently drive for KLLM) that CRST is one of the companies considering purchasing part of the company. I still like KLLM for the most part, but I could've done without the sermon on the driver update message a couple of weeks ago. If I want a sermon, I'll go to church.:O_o_1PIRATES33:

10. MedicineMan

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    what do you mean by sermon?

11. rebtris

rebtris Bobtail Member

Feb 20, 2007
    When I called into the driver update, at the end of the update message "Reverend" Jim Richards proceeded to go into detail about the (christian) meaning of Easter. Just like I said, if I want to hear preaching, I'll go to church. I thought it was very unprofessional to start spouting dogma on the driver update message. I'll never listen to one again. Other than that episode and the lousy directions, which they are supposed to have fixed with MapTuit directions in May, this is a good company to work for. They have always gotten me home when I asked to be and they are pretty easy to work for most of the time. I don't know where the previously mentioned FM got his information about Swift buying out KLLM but that isn't true. CRST is the only name I've heard mentioned at all as a possible purchaser/investor.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.