kllm lease Pros And Cons????/

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Kwan23, May 8, 2017.

1. Kwan23

Kwan23 Medium Load Member

Mar 15, 2017
    Texas
    im looking to get information on leasing???

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. poppapump1332

poppapump1332 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    .92cpm to pull a reefer would be the only thing I need to know.

Jazz1 and Kwan23 Thank this.
  4. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    Why do you want to lease?

Kwan23 Thanks this.
  5. Kwan23

Mar 15, 2017
    Texas
    To have my own business work for me and eventually make more money

driverdriver Thanks this.
  6. poppapump1332

poppapump1332 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    your not gonna working for .92 cpm your better off being a company driver save money,work on your credit and put money down at a dealer to get a truck.

x1Heavy, driverdriver and Kwan23 Thank this.
  7. Kwan23

Mar 15, 2017
    Texas
    Thanks

BigTennOTR Thanks this.
  8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    .92 is too #### low.

Be a company driver, put away some money each paycheck. If you are seriously motivated to purchase a truck someday yourself, with something like 20,000 down and 10,000 minimum capital saved against bad weeks or increased repair failures etc. It's way better than signing papers on a truck that will be issued to you.

Here is a alternative, I went to a school that was a strictly structured situation in which after 4 years I will own my truck outright among other things that will be taught in very carefully structured blocks of time along the way. I purchased a 41,000 dollar FLD midroof with a nice kitty and rockwell manual. Now considering 12,000 dollars a year in payments plus fuel plus 15% set aside against a future engine casulty plus 8% escrow etc plus plus plus plus.. never ending. Essentially a owner operator. But it's part owned by the school for 4 years in case you fail to learn or do not make a profit with that truck.

For reasons unrelated to trucking (Discrimination against my handicaps...) they took the truck back and ripped up the contract. Now, Ive always had a position that God does not allow a door to be passed if it is not going to be good for me. So I moved on. But that tractor was a NICE little one. I loved it. I think I loved it too much, it was that nice of a truck. You wont understand if you think it's just a standard freight shaker that has been rode hard and put up wet.

Fast forward to today, Im kind of happy I did not get too deep into it. The first truck payment was due in 3 weeks plus needing fuel and insurance etc to put together a carrier to run freight with that truck... It would have ended badly. There was no serious financial reserves on my part like say 30,000 dollars in the bank that will sit there and be added to in the business.

If any of this does not make sense, forget it. I don't want to confuse you. But I know #### well .92 is too low. Espeically when you can put in .50 as a company driver to start off. And rates pay between 2.20 to 4 dollars a mile usually.

Kwan23 Thanks this.
  9. Kwan23

Mar 15, 2017
    Texas
    Send me a private message

10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    There is nothing to write private Sir. It is a experience I had and the school most likely does not exist anymore because of it's location in PA and too many tractors sitting around waiting for buyers, half of which I rejected back then due to obvious need for repairs etc in which I had no interest.

I very very rarely have a converstation in private. I prefer everything to be right here in full view at the coffee counter. Or as some would say, the lunch counter.

There are times private converstations do not go well and I simply choose to keep it out here where everyone can see it. The Moderators are in a position to do what becomes necessary if it gets too overloaded.

Bigrayon and Kwan23 Thank this.
  11. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    It would take my cousin and another guy I know to explain what they went through at old kllm. But if you don't have 30k saved up you shouldn't look at becoming an O/O.

Aside from that leasing a truck doesnt work for a lot of ppl. And the way most companies have it set up it never will. Get a company job paying 65k or better and save up 12k. Then at least you will have a good down payment.

But having 20-30k saved along with a business plan will help you out along the way. If there is money set aside for parts and repairs. Tires and fuel or slow periods with no work. Then you can make it. If not then you will be like so many others ad fail. And yes 92 cpm is too low.

x1Heavy and Kwan23 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.