KLLM Lease Trucks

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Kris38, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Kris38

Kris38 Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2016
    I'm looking for straight answers, I don't need all the drama of why not to lease though some can't help themselves.

What current models and years is KLLM leasing? I have heard Volvo is phasing out, which I don't want anyway.

How long of a process is it to have them install the inverter or should I purchase on my own and have freightliner install it?

What sort of things can be taken out but, put back in, as far as cabinets or is that not allowed?

Is there a freightliner near the MS location to take the truck instead of their shop before I take it otr?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    Check the local homeless Shelter, there's bound to be a few former KLLM lease drivers who can answer.

4. Kris38

Kris38 Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2016
    And there's one brainless comment.

freightwipper Thanks this.
  5. tnevin225

tnevin225 Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2014
    Yea but you knew it was coming.

Roknric and freightwipper Thank this.
  6. Kris38

Kris38 Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2016
    If there was more maturity in the trucking business today it shouldn't happen. Comment with knowledge. If you obviously don't have any then simply don't comment.

7. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    You're asking about a carrier that pays their O/Os .90 a mile plus fsc to pull a reefer. Or a little more on short loads that would take all day. What do you expect?
    One with knowledge shouldn't even consider something so trashy pay of a carrier.

Better question would be to ask what company or about a company that actually pays well.

Western flyer Thanks this.
  8. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

What I don't understand is why nobody answers the driver's questions. He didn't ask if he should go into leasing or the pitfalls of doing so or if other drivers think it's a good/bad idea.

He asked specific questions.

Newtrucker48 Thanks this.
  9. ira1377

ira1377 Light Load Member

May 10, 2011
    Bradenton, Fl
    Because most of these people asking about leases have already made up there mind. They're just looking for someone to agree with them

10. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    They have cascadias and 870 volvos. I have a friend at kllm and is leased onto a dedicated account and is making money. He says it is all in what part of the company your leased to.

11. Rooster1291979

Rooster1291979 Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2012
    NOLA
    KLLM does not have 870's. They have the 780 without the workstation. The volvos are automatics.

Per the lease you may not remove anything from the truck and you cannot modify the truck without their written consent.

They have a newer fleet and good, if not stripped down, equipment. When I was there the cascadias did not have an air dump.

I was leasing from FFE when KLLM bought them out. I ran under the KLLM moniker for less than 2 months. The micro managing and corporate environment was not something I enjoyed. I had a plan in place and I stayed with them just long enough to get on where I really wanted.

Skinny P Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.