KLLM Lease Trucks

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Kris38, Jul 18, 2016.

1. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Who are you working for currently?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. J.S.

J.S. Medium Load Member

Jun 27, 2015
    Texas
    KLLM lease wasn't to bad. Truckas are governed as I remember at 68 with cruise on, otherwise 65. I stayed moving. They have accounts all across the us. What I didn't like was their safety policies, very strict and will term your lease immediately. If I had to guess what a team could make weekly I'd say between 2400-3000 before expenses and without the fully refundable maintenance they deduct at .11cpm so really that's 550 available between the team weekly. Big.thing is to pick the right truck from orientation to reduce your maintenance output for at least the first year or two. Once you get 10k in the acct. they no longer deduct it from your settlements and there were several drivers who had made it there. They didn't do first come first serve on picking your truck, they did a lottery type thing but in the event you pick near the bottom of what was for me a hundred leaserrs it's common knowledge they will/may accommodate you with a better unit but you have to be stern about it and have some valid reasons. Could be mileage, interior repairs, etc. last thing, it will never pay more than advertised, if that isn't enough long term short term for you than you have to find the right pay at another outfit, get your own truck, or have the patience to change careers save some money then get your own truck. Fixed cost are usually fixed cost if you know what I mean.

4. BNRI

BNRI Bobtail Member

Jun 11, 2017
    PA
    Thank you for the info, J.S. I appreciate it very much.

5. BNRI

BNRI Bobtail Member

Jun 11, 2017
    PA
    We are currently working for Panther. We have gotten to know some of our fellow Panther drivers quite well due to the fact that we sit together. Often.
    We heard so many horror stories about working for an o/o with this company, we took a #### pay lease deal thing in which we work as IC for a year with expedite services just to ensure we would actually see our money. After that, supposedly we were supposed a to be able to pick a brand new truck. We were informed a month ago we would be on l/s to acquire the truck we are in, which will be 3 yrs old and have around 300k (maybe) when we get to that point It was ok for the first 3 months. We still have yet to see a1000 dollar paycheck before expenses, though. Needless to say, lesson learned. We got royally screwed.
    We still love expedite freight. It's interesting work, the customers are always nice, and Panther does do their very best to fullfill reasonably planned home time requirements. They just aren't keeping their drivers moving worth a hoot.

6. Teion

Teion Medium Load Member

May 13, 2013
    SE Texas
    I'm lease with kllm. But I'm solo dedicated. I'm not sure if teams can get on a dedicated account. For the most part I'm doing good here. They keep me moving with very little waiting. The company now has a load board. To have access to it must have a good rating with the company. Most teams I've talked to seems to be running good. Just depends on your dispatcher like all other companies. All new 2017 and up trucks have the outward facing dashcams now. And I believe they are setting lease trucks to run 68 now. Some of the 16s on down can do 70.

CT-Driver860 and FLCRACKER Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.