KLLM or Wilson Logistics?

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by newnew, Mar 14, 2022.

1. newnew

newnew Bobtail Member

Dec 4, 2021
    Atlanta, GA
    I’m currently deciding between two training companies, KLLM or Wilson Logistics. Both have been me their approval and I already have a start date of the 28th for Wilson. Now this may seem like an easy decision given KLLM just started their new pay increase this past February. And I’ve done my research on both and know KLLM has a better hometime policy. Maybe I’m overthinking this and letting my anxiety get the best of me. Also letting my patience run thin. I want to be OTR and live rent free in my truck which leads me to believe Wilson may be the best choice for this lifestyle. Also, they say they have “familial” feel.

To put it in perspective, KLLM starts at .60cpm while Wilson Logistics starts at .46cpm. KLLM has 2 days off for every 7 days out stacked up to 14 days. PLUS PTO. Wilson is 4 days off MAX for 3-4 weeks out. Just want to know your thoughts on this… much appreciated

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Did Wilson sell the dry van division and if so, how does that affect West Coast runs.

4. magritton

magritton Bobtail Member

Apr 7, 2021
    I am doing my 30k with Wilson now and the results are really mixed. They have high standards and have the potential to teach you a lot about OTR. Some of the trainers are really good and others are just looking out for themselves. Also Wilson doesn't have dedicated routes so you will get a lot of experience with docks but it gets tiring after a while.

newnew Thanks this.
  5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Do you run coast to coast and are you pulling dry van or reefer.

6. newnew

newnew Bobtail Member

Dec 4, 2021
    Atlanta, GA
    AFAIK they did sell the west coast division, but it doesn’t affect the freight they do for Prime so it still can be coast to coast.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  7. magritton

magritton Bobtail Member

Apr 7, 2021
    It is all reefer, all Prime trailers, and everywhere. In 3 weeks I went from CA to MI to Denver.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    That's good news; that's where the money is.

9. newnew

newnew Bobtail Member

Dec 4, 2021
    Atlanta, GA
    Does anyone know if KLLM is coast to coast also, or if I’m typically gonna stay in a particular region?

10. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    At 62mph.....

11. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I made the same weekly at 62 mph as I did at 68 mph. That was running coast to coast pulling refrigerated. On a 2000 mile run, the difference in driving time is only 3 hours. The appointment time doesn't change for unloading just because the truck runs faster or slower.

bryan21384 and Vic Firth Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.