Kllm vrs Raider express

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Rickey Rozay 708, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Big Rig Max

Big Rig Max Light Load Member

May 19, 2019
    You know, I was talking to a friend today about this & a few things we agreed on:
    Every trucking company has pros & cons. Its all about what can you live with & what can you not. For example, Raider incentivives (is that a word?) Fuel economy. What does this mean? The better my Fuel economy, the better my Fuel Bonus. I'm pretty consistent on getting 5cpm bonus per week. So I can make 51-52cpm pretty easily.
    Now, maybe you say 51-52cpm isn't that great. But maybe Joe Q Company Driver makes $100 layover while I make $225. Maybe Joe Q sits unpaid for a 34 while I make $337.
    These things add to my cpm. Joe Q might make 54cpm but when the week is over I made more than him.
    Yes, Raider is slow af. Its dumb how slow they are. But I work the system & make the money. Maybe 90% of you don't want to work the system - you'd rather just make that 54cpm. I get it. But at the end of the day, I work the system & make big money.

Now, here's where we all have to understand money isn't everything. Since Day 1 I have never felt disrespected or talked down to. That means a lot to me. I have a GREAT working relationship with my Drive manager. I do my job, wake up, drive & I'm responsible & accountable. When he gives me a load he knows 99% of the time there will be no issues. I appreciate the respect they treat me with. And I appreciate the on time raises I'm awarded. That means a lot to me & in my opinion, is invaluable.

I don't know every driver's story. We've all heard them... "I worked at Raider (or insert any company name) & they screwed me over. Never work there."
    But we don't know the whole story.
    What I do know is I know another driver that oversleeps, shuts down early, & arrives late to a lot of appts. He's happy with his paycheck & I'm happy with my paycheck.

We drivers all put up with some form of BS at our company. Its about what can you live with & what can you not.

If you can work the system at Raider, I believe you'll be treated well, respected & rewarded & make a very good living at 55mph lol.

This is just one driver's perspective.

Jenn72 and Rickey Rozay 708 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dave in Dallas

Dave in Dallas Bobtail Member

Sep 4, 2020
    @Big Rig Max I have a question about the Raider CDL school, which I'm considering since I'm in the DFW area. I've read what seems to be conflicting information on the financial obligation for the school. I've seen people say that you can leave immediately after getting your CDL and not have to pay anything, but then I've also seen, I think maybe even one of your posts, that said they'll come after you for the school cost if you don't complete a 90 day probationary period. Can you clarify what the deal actually is?

4. Big Rig Max

May 19, 2019
    I cannot personally clarify. I'd assume you take all the risk if you are using Raider's school for your own benefit with another company. Keep in mind, their school is NOT accredited & will likely not count towards another company's training requirements.

Best of luck to you.

5. jafrazier83

jafrazier83 Bobtail Member

Sep 15, 2020
    I guess this is where the pause in thought comes in, creating disbelief.

No Contract = No Obligation (from you or them, to accept or be given employment after training)

No Contract, No Obligations = No Risk for either the applicants or for the carrier as neither has agreed to partake in anything other than school to earn CDL.

I’ve seen responses that say, essentially; we wouldn’t be training you to work somewhere else

That implies 2 things,

1) I can expect a job as that is the real reason for students, to create a pipeline of drivers.

But why accept 25-30+ applicants /week year round when data shows your driver to truck ratio is only 2 bodies away from 1:1

unless, you won’t have a job; or they expect to need potentially 5-6 new employees to fill newly vacant spots on their trucks. Trucks just don’t magically appear in that capacity if I’m go believe in the driver retention claims, it’s just not possible .

2) They will be pissed if you get anywhere in training (obtain CLP / CDL) and bounce to another company (no Contract / obligation,right?)

This is where this companies loud approach to FREE CDL training gets hard to believe. When I hear that simple phrase “We wouldn’t be training you to work somewhere else.” Implies I signed a contract, less I tarnish my own reputation

if I give a guy a sandwich or pay for someone’s gas, I’m not going to do anything other than smile, walk away and more than likely never see them again. That’s a non contract!

but if I turn around and say, alright, now I need ya to do some work for me. Well that’s just shady.

6. Big Rig Max

May 19, 2019
    Not sure where the disbelief comes in... I'm just a driver so I'm not management speaking but I've never heard of a driver who completed the school & didn't get into a truck. However, I have heard of plenty of students who used Raider to get their CDL. I've only seen one party dishonest here.

7. jafrazier83

jafrazier83 Bobtail Member

Sep 15, 2020
    Not saying it’s right for a student to take advantage of an opportunity like that. Perhaps removing the name Fort Worth CDL school and just name it Raider Express Academy or something of that nature would go a long way to give anyone looking at the sign and the trucks that you’re going through a training pipeline for a company position.

8. Jenn72

Jenn72 Medium Load Member

Jun 7, 2019
    If you quit Raider before your year is up and go and work from someone else, they will not return phone calls or even acknowledge that you work there.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.