Knight equipment

Discussion in 'Knight' started by AT Wolf, Nov 9, 2011.

1. AT Wolf

AT Wolf Light Load Member

Nov 4, 2011
    BFE, Washington
    What kind of company trucks does Knight use? Was thinking about going knight and was just curious what sort of rigs they run

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Swift338

Swift338 Light Load Member

Jan 28, 2009
    statesville,NC
    volvo and internationals but they go to the senior drivers

4. mitchtazz

mitchtazz Road Train Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Lake Wales, Fl
    volvos, pro star internationals (some have the cummins, others have the maxforce), peterbilts aero and hoods.. but i haven't been seeing too many hoods lately.. i think they're mostly going to the lease owners.. all of our trailers are spring ride except the reefers.. and seniority doesn't mean much of nothing at alot of the terminals. each terminal has it's own policies on top of the policies that Knight puts out.. like at my terminal we're not allowed to take the truck home, gotta park it at the terminal. and when we do come home for home time, we can only stay out of the truck for a max of three days, any longer then that and we have to clean the truck out because it's going to go slip seat.. but not every terminal is like that. i've only been with knight for six months. did two months in a volvo (the oldest one my terminal had) took two weeks off for some national guard b.s and came back to a 2011 prostar, still a baby with 124k on the dash.

5. JimDucan

JimDucan Medium Load Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Most of the Pete's have aged/miled out and are getting retired. Which is sad because they age better than the Volvos.

6. TrucKer 999 TriLLion

TrucKer 999 TriLLion Light Load Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Ca
    i noticed Knight usen alotta rental trailers lately.....but i have seen newer knight trailers from 68300-68416

7. mitchtazz

Sep 6, 2009
    Lake Wales, Fl
    yeah, i believe that's a west coast thing, last week i dropped in cali, and i did a reset on the Fontana yard, half of the yard is consumed by those extra lease trailers, and then on my way back east i stopped in Phx for fuel and i passed a Knight driver dragging an xtra lease trailers. got east and haven't seen one yet.

8. Jbrake1960

Jbrake1960 Light Load Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Las Vegas
    I'm driving a 2012 prostar. Seniority isn't a factor when it comes to the new trucks. Guys coming right out of orientation are getting new ones. Just depends what is sitting in yard when you need a truck. Knight just purchased 4,000 new trucks and are sending them out. If you have a truck with 350000-420000 miles they will be giving you a new one. Volvo or International. I like the prostars cause you don't have to mess with def fluid.

9. mitchtazz

Sep 6, 2009
    Lake Wales, Fl
    DEF!!! man, guy tried to convience me that it wasn't that big of a deal.. i told him i dont like spending alot of time in the fuel island, i'm not that guy. and pumping DEF is just one more thing i'd have to rush to do, and that's only if there's a pump, alot of these stops dont have it at the pump yet, and you have to pay twice as much for the little jug inside the store, or should i say Knight has to pay twice as much. i'ma try my best to stay in this truck till June if at all possible, then i'm taking a week paid vacation off and then i wouldn't care what i came back to.

10. JimDucan

JimDucan Medium Load Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Those lease trailers aren't ours, and I mean that we are just storing them.

11. mitchtazz

Sep 6, 2009
    Lake Wales, Fl
    i guess what ever pays the bills..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.