Knight Is In Deep Doo Doo!

Discussion in 'Knight' started by Time, Mar 29, 2011.

1. OverDrive

OverDrive "A Watchman on the Walls"

Knows some driver lingo, so could have gotten it as a DM..

Usually what happens to DM's at Knight, is that when they want to move up, their only choices are either Recruiter or Safety...guess Hunny Bunny took the Recruiter route...:yes2557:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    Interesting . We saw how many physically disqualified Knight drivers were put OOS then checking Hunny Bunny's other posts I see she really was let go at Conway due to an accident caused by an asthma attack . No other carrier would touch her but Knight decided to give her a chance . Why am I not surprised ?

OverDrive Thanks this.
  4. Hunny Bunny Trucker

Hunny Bunny Trucker Light Load Member

Apr 9, 2012
    California
    Neither one. Check me out at Facebook. www.facebook.com/elusivekai - Here's one of my former postings on my facebook:
    [h=6]I'm working for a company that doesn't recognize Domestic Partnerships or LGBT rights, but they don't harass people over it as long as they do their job. Hell, they hired me and they know I'm not hetero. So that means my partner can't even ride with me even though she's technically my wife.[/h]
    Or this post:

[h=6]I have heard about the complaints with Knight, but I have seen many good reports too, so I'll take it with a grain of salt. I knew CR England was bad even before I applied but I did what I had to do to get my CDL in the first place. What I saw about ConWay was an eye opener. They have literally hundreds of complaints about what they do to their former employees. They're good until they fire you. One man took an emergency 3 month leave of absence for example, it was approved. But after a few months he went to report for work and they ruined his DAC report for equipment abandonment even though the truck was at one of their terminals. That wasn't the only case in that part. Then there was the whole to do with me when I had an asthma attack.. Apparently I'm not the only one. The only preventable accident in their eyes is if the driver wasn't in the truck or if they were rear ended. An employee of 14 years was fired when he had a heart attack while driving. Another was fired after someone hit the side of her truck. I wasn't the only person they let go because of a medical emergency. Wonder where this class action suit will happen.[/h]I could go on... But no, I drive, I don't recruit. I don't think the company is for everyone. But I took the job because I needed the money after being blackballed. If I find something local, I'll go for it in a heartbeat. Especially if it recognizes domestic partnerships, which Knight does not. But with the economy the way it is I'll drive for this company, and to me, it's good. Just not the best.

5. Hunny Bunny Trucker

Hunny Bunny Trucker Light Load Member

Apr 9, 2012
    California

Because other than the asthma attack I have never had an accident before or after. And as for safety and recruiting, hell no. I don't get along with most people and I expect people to work at my standards before I even want to treat them as an equal and I hate how minor things that can go wrong can result in termination. It's stupid, it's pointless, it's BS. No, nobody can pass my safety test, because I would make someone blind side back in a parking lot full of cars to get to a dock without hitting anything. I did it in Jersey, and I've done it in Chicago. I'd expect others to do the same.

As for lingo, who cares? Knowing lingo or not is not going to do anything to improve your professionalism. You want to be a professional driver? Act like one, not some steering wheel holder. So Rick, being as I was cleared through medical, I got my card that says I can drive. And I will say I had to go through hell because of what Conway did to me to get that ###### card and to get a job where I could make a living again.

6. Hammerup

Hammerup Bobtail Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Cleveland,Ohio
    mittrucker, Well said dude

7. Hammerup

Hammerup Bobtail Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Cleveland,Ohio
    You tell them girl!!!

8. Jorihe84

Jorihe84 Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2010
    North Florida
    Hunny bunny, remember everyone preaches equal rights, however they forget to tell you that they only feel it applies to what they believe is right.

My brother and my wife's daughter are both gay and they deserve a chance just as much as anyone. I don't feel like you should be blackballed from the.industry for LGBT or something simple as an asthma attack. Keep on truckin !

9. Surfer Joe

Surfer Joe Heavy Load Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Cape Ann, Massachusetts
    What!!?? Ok, so, if I'm a dude and I'm also a butt pirate...I can still work for Knight? I now take back everything bad that I said about them!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.