Knight or swift ?

Discussion in 'Knight' started by k1221n2, Apr 3, 2016.

1. ExOTR

ExOTR Windshield Chipper Extraordinaire

Jan 23, 2013
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Knight was good to me a few years back, but they still don't have apu's(and always complain about idle time). Never ran for Swift. Had good Dms at Knight, but I would try to find a company that pays weekend layover. I was dedicated @ Knight so I was home every weekend, but my beginning OTR days were with Werner. Nothing is worse than sitting for free, from Friday afternoon to Monday morning, while you wonder why you picked this career. Get your experience, then find yourself a good regional job that lets you earn money while taking your time off at home...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chevelle

Chevelle Bobtail Member

Apr 3, 2016
    Read instead of hearing what u want to hear

4. Chevelle

Chevelle Bobtail Member

Apr 3, 2016
    I know I am lol

Chinatown Thanks this.
  5. Chevelle

Chevelle Bobtail Member

Apr 3, 2016
    Good story but the problem is uneducated drivers that have no idea how the logistics system is working along with Wall Street. So yeah keep cheating ur clocks and accepting ur APUs,satalite,refrigerators and microwaves to keep it but in that seat, all while crying about some shipper or reciever is wasting ur time instead of asking why ur time is being given away for free.

dog-c and Chinatown Thank this.
  6. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Good luck wherever you land.

Stay Safe,
    MD

7. k1221n2

k1221n2 Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2014
    It's on the bucket list, long haul the U.S for a couple years and take it from there.

8. dog-c

dog-c Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    New York, NY
    the real question is why would you entertain working for either?

9. Jonkie

Jonkie Medium Load Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Has nothing to do with Wall Street . FDR exempted transportation from federal minimum wage standards to ensure lots of drivers could be hired for less to transport farm to table in places that were experiencing food crisis . The exemption was never removed because of big corporate that didn't want to pay for unused labor with long haul drivers . Basically one of the last industries allowed to be paid piece rate while ducking wage standards

10. Chevelle

Chevelle Bobtail Member

Apr 3, 2016
    N
    nothing to do with Wall Street? Looks like u did some research but need to do more lol

11. VA CDL Holder

VA CDL Holder Medium Load Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Pick your poison, as I don't think it matters. I have driven for Swift and I cannot see Knight being any different. Both companies do not have APU's, which is very important for driver comfort and all those weekend layovers with no freight. I saw Knight trailers at most of the places that Swift drops and hooks at, so they most likely run the same circles. Swift is a bigger company by tractor count at least. Not sure of the Knight terminal network, but it's probably similar.

New drivers are a cheap commodity because of the rotten employment situation in this country. Lose your job, collect unemployment if you can and then do your "dream" of being a truck driver when you can no longer find any other work. Lots of people are being drawn to trucking and to be honest, it is modern day slavery by another name because you do not have to do it, or you can starve to death.

Ooops, reefertank and OverDrive Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.