Knight Refrigerated?

Discussion in 'Knight' started by Wheat Light, Mar 14, 2009.

1. tdawginahwa

tdawginahwa Light Load Member

Jul 28, 2012
    Desert Southwest
    I have been with Knight reefer since March 2012. I am based out of Idaho falls...I get treated pretty good and get descent miles. I really have no complaints except one (I will get to that)...They work with you if you have issue at home! First time I had a major emergency with my mom and had to take 27 straight days off. A month later, my wife had to have major surgery and i ve had to take 8 days off and plan to return this coming tuesday. The bad part is they reduce your speed if you over idle when its hot...I had to straight loads to Barstow area 112 degrees plus and had to do my 10 hrs rest in the mojave. I idled to sleep and after 2 days my top speed is now 62.8mph. I dont understand that rule cuz i dont abuse the idle time, only when its so FLIPPIN HOT! What are we suppose to do, camp in the drivers lounge of the truck stop?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tdawginahwa

Jul 28, 2012
    Desert Southwest
    I have been with Knight reefer since March 2012. I am based out of Idaho falls...I get treated pretty good and get descent miles. I really have no complaints except one (I will get to that)...They work with you if you have issue at home! First time I had a major emergency with my mom and had to take 27 straight days off. A month later, my wife had to have major surgery and i ve had to take 8 days off and plan to return this coming tuesday. The bad part is they reduce your speed if you over idle when its hot...I had to straight loads to Barstow area 112 degrees plus and had to do my 10 hrs rest in the mojave. I idled to sleep and after 2 days my top speed is now 62.8mph. I dont understand that rule cuz i dont abuse the idle time, only when its so FLIPPIN HOT! What are we suppose to do, camp in the drivers lounge of the truck stop?
    That is all!

4. RizenPhoenix

RizenPhoenix Road Train Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Knight doesn't care if you sweat like a fat guy waiting for a donut shop to open. They really don't.

moloko Thanks this.
  5. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    I brought up that exact thing during orientation. After a short discussion, I came to the conclusion that we will be driving slow trucks during the summer months. The guy running the show that day agreed. Not too much any of us can do I guess. You're right though, it makes no sense at all. Another case of a few ruining it for the rest of us.

6. OverDrive

OverDrive "A Watchman on the Walls"

But remember, driving slow at 62 mph is no excuse for missing your delivery appmt time when running coast-to-coast! (I've had a couple L.A to Miami runs, myself, but was running 66 mph).

7. tdawginahwa

Jul 28, 2012
    Desert Southwest
    true, seems knight always has enough time for loads....when i was with another company that took ch robinson broker loads, yoiu need every mph those trucks could muster and that was 68 in winter across windy blowing snow wyoming, nebraska and then traffic of the windy city...

8. wowo6057

wowo6057 Light Load Member

Jul 4, 2010
    not Rialto Ca.
    any opinion on squire? I have been off OTR over a year and they say that's where i can start? Good or bad?

9. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    OK, since you are asking for opinions here goes: If it has anything to do with KNIGHT, stay the heck away from it.

10. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Whoa there, double post. Sorry 'bout that.

11. tdawginahwa

Jul 28, 2012
    Desert Southwest
    not sure on squire to be perfectly honest...I came in directly placed on a truck. I havent heard anything from other drivers either.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.