Knight Shake up

Discussion in 'Knight' started by Kabar, Jan 15, 2009.

1. livinlife

livinlife Bobtail Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Nevada
    Dave, I can't PM you because I only have 2 posts, apparently I need 50. so do I just go hit reply and then "yes" to 50 posts. Thats crazy, anyway I am interested in any info on Knight Ref, I am a little apprehensive about them with what I have heard here so far, but the horse has already fled the barn so...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. whipping boy

whipping boy Bobtail Member

Mar 19, 2010
    yourtown usa
    I would be very concerned about any company that almost forces you to accept per diem. All drivers are automatically put on it and must sign a release form to get out of per diem.

If, as they say, it doesn't benefit the company, then why do they push it so hard?

Something always smelled fishy about their program.

4. OverDrive

OverDrive "A Watchman on the Walls"

[​IMG] Yeah, Knight saves 2 cents/mile by putting their drivers on per diem.

I got off per diem after 1 year of hiring on......did the signed-form with 3 levels of signatures to get off of it.....and then every year thereafter in Jan , they automatically put me back on it til I did the 3-sig form again!! They will harass their 'good' drivers in so many ways, and this is one of them...will even withold a raise to balance out that crummy 2 cents..!!:yes2557:

5. livinlife

livinlife Bobtail Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Nevada
    Great. I am so excited. Haven't had a chance to talk to hubby about this, they have been running him mostly late, which trashes him, so when he calls they are usually short conversations.

Dave, you said 4 AM, or PM? just wondering since its 1 pm pacific now.

6. livinlife

livinlife Bobtail Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Nevada
    So it sounds like its takes an act of Congress to get off per diem?

7. livinlife

livinlife Bobtail Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Nevada
    Thanks for all the help!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.