Knight Squire Program

Discussion in 'Knight' started by GatoTrucker, Jul 4, 2016.

1. GatoTrucker

GatoTrucker Bobtail Member

May 28, 2016
    Alabama
    Hello World. First off, Happy 4th to all of the truckers out there. Been looking a bit deeper into the Knight Squire Program (as I'm still trying to figure out which direction I wanna go in to start off my trucking career). I have a few questions about it:

1. How many years of employment history do they want? Obviously I've never driven a truck before in my life, so I was just asking about the years of employment history outside of trucking.

2. Is transportation and lodging provided or do I have to come up with that on my own? Hearing many different answers on that.

3. Do I need to obtain my CDL permit from my home state before coming?

4. I heard about the $400/week. So after the first week, I would get paid that every week while I'm training?

I'm sure I'll have more, but this is all I can think of now. Thanks in advance.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    Best of luck to you, brother.
    You'll get the answers your questions shortly.

Pete

4. Canned Spam

Canned Spam Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2010
    STL
    Seems like you could just call them and get the answers straight from the source

Puppage Thanks this.
  5. GatoTrucker

GatoTrucker Bobtail Member

May 28, 2016
    Alabama
    Yeah, but see, the thing is I'm not quite ready at this moment. I still have to take care of a few personal debts before I can really pursue a trucking career. I'm just in information mode at this point. Still gotta also study the CDL manual and continue studying pretrip stuff and what not. Don't wanna jump into this before I'm ready, and I know recruiters will hard sell me. Which is why I'm asking for answers from those who have been there, done that.

6. jwp1

jwp1 Light Load Member

Dec 18, 2008
    greenville sc
    Have you contacted your local technical college about obtaining your cdl. It would be a lot cheaper in the long run and they often have a relationship with the state dot and the training runs a lot deeper than mill companies.

Being in debt for you training and locked in to a mill company will not be fun. It probably wont make sense now, but when you are sitting in El Paso with no load in 120 degree heat it will.

Getting out of personal debt is a great idea. The more prepared you are the further you will go in your career and a lot quicker. It's all about focus.

112racing Thanks this.
  7. jwp1

jwp1 Light Load Member

Dec 18, 2008
    greenville sc
    All companies will require a ten year work history. Call them all to get accurate dates. All companies will verify.
    No ducking drug or alcohol tests. No positives.
    Most companies will pay for transportation to orientation and a hotel.
    Take you social security card not laminated..And cash to get home if something goes wrong.

8. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    Knight does not really do CDL training anymore. I think they do it now out of AZ only and I think you have to be from that state. This would be a good one to call on

Squire is more about trainees that already have there CDL and just need experience on a truck.

Anyways give them a call for a more accurate info on schooling it self.

9. ccolvin87

ccolvin87 Light Load Member

Dec 8, 2015
    Roland, OK
    Knight does have a cdl school but you need to be a resident of Arizona. They will provide transportation and lodging and I know during orientation you get lunch, breakfast depends on the hotel. I believe it's 500 a week before taxes for training. I would recommend getting your cdl before hand. Some states have a program to help pay for cdl training, also most community colleges have a cdl program.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.