Knight Transportation - Adventures in a big red truck

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by GabeScott, Mar 30, 2014.

1. unloader

unloader Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2013
    #### get's lost. Happens to a lot of us. Yes, I know some companies are a little less responsible with paperwork, but if you play nice it might get ironed out quick. Do you drop your paperwork after scanning or hold on to it? How many miles you been averaging since starting with Knight?

Sorry for all the sudden questions, still enjoying this thread.

unloader

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GabeScott

GabeScott Medium Load Member

Feb 16, 2014
    I always keep paper work till I get paid and double check the pay online. Knight has always been bad about reimbursements and not catching everything that scanned. This is the only industry I've been involved with that this is tolerated in. If any other kind of business ###### up payroll this often the labor board would have there ###.

I'm averaging about 2300 miles a week. Just finished april at 9800 and some change. That was with only 2 days off due to illness. I really wanted to put a year in but I don't think I can put up with that low of miles for that long. I'm so discouraged right now I might even look for a local job.

Last edited: May 1, 2014
  4. 074344

074344 Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2007
    Los Angeles, ca
    Sounds like a wonderful career, um, er, job choice. Good luck on that OTR, percentage, O/O job gig.

Leftnut Thanks this.
  5. BIF MALIBU

BIF MALIBU Heavy Load Member

May 21, 2010
    lake cushman wa
    im back lounging around the house on saturday morning!!
    i looked at all those regional jobs.
    not gonna do knights local work for free when the guy parked next to the knight truck has a contract to do it that was at 20$ an hour 10 or 15 years ago.
    seen those knight trucks sitting at the mill for hours all week while i was driving in an out.
    have fun !!

6. GabeScott

GabeScott Medium Load Member

Feb 16, 2014
    obviously not going to get to post my experiences without trolling so I'm going to ask for this thread to be locked.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.