Knight Transportation Class Action Suit

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by tacc, Aug 2, 2009.

1. truckerdave1970

truckerdave1970 On Probation

Dec 15, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    and this is exactly what enables these trucking companies to get away with exploiting their drivers!
    They treat us as bad as a migrant fruit picker, and when we finally stand up for ourselves adn quit, they will trash your DAC report so you will find it next to impossible to work anywhere else.
    what's just as bad, some drivers will chastise and belittle anyone who dares to complain about the crappy "life" ( if u think trucking is much of a life!) and the trash we have to deal with cuz "it's part of thr job.".
    Surely I am not the only driver that feels this way and is starting to hate all things involving trucking???

trucker43, Scoots and zentrucking Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 3.14

3.14 Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Arizona
    i'm with you on that. those "lifestyle" truckers are simply too stupid to see the writing on the wall. i only went back to it because a local employment opportunity fell through and i needed a source of income. the sad thing is that i was making MORE at swift. :biggrin_2552::biggrin_2554: i tell ya, there's nothing like logging 70 and being paid for 40.....if even that.

trucker43 Thanks this.
  4. Periodontal Cyst

Periodontal Cyst Bobtail Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Puerto Rico.
    Great thread guys..Good luck

5. Progressive Guy.

Progressive Guy. Bobtail Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Defiance,Ohio.
    Works for me..Sue away.

6. Mev

Mev Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2009
    I dont recall a dispatch or planner ever considering a drivers needs...

Not to sound resentful..but they just set up a freight run from point A to B at a certain speed and thats it...Ive had 5 'JIT' loads in a row recently that if I had of stopped for even 5 mins they would have been late and amounted to a 'service failure'...

Trucking is a hard ride somedays...other days...there is plenty of free time

7. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    I wonder if it was filed in CA? I won 2 cases against employers in the 80's and 90's who had interstate authority. Penske logistics and Merchants Home Del. Both where concerning OT not breaks. CA is like it's own little country and the suits where settled through mediation and I got my overtime back pay.:biggrin_25525:

8. ericjohnson

ericjohnson Bobtail Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Lincoln Nebraska
    Im going to sue the entire trucking industry for long hours,dangerous work conditions, mean dot officers, lieing dispatchers, poor driving conditions in bad weather, allowing K+B Transport to rip off drivers, allowing Mexican drivers up here, excessive fines, and no showers in the truck and meal breaks. OK, Im kidding.

Beechvtail and trucker43 Thank this.
  9. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    Well why wouldn't they treat you as bad as a fruit picker? The labor laws for fruit pickers and OTR drivers are the same. They are payed by a piece rate just like the OTR driver. you pick more fruit you make more money, you run more miles you make more money. No two 15 minute breaks or 1/2 hour lunch. You work when they need you to and you don't when they don't need you to. The only thing that keeps them from working you day and night is the 70 hour rule and you moving your rig. Other wise you can draw a line on line 4 till your 70 is up.

Even the Military has two give you one hour off in a 24 hour period unless you are in combat. But not OTR drivers until you drive the truck you can work 24/7 if you have the hours.

10. frdr

frdr Medium Load Member

Aug 25, 2007
    houston, tx.
    C'mon now, remember it's what you make of it. It's all about attitude. You just haven't found the right company.

11. Metawolf

Metawolf Bobtail Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Decatur, Georgia
    Is there a right company? I suppose if you have the "right" attitude you can make a heaven out of hell. But sooner or later reality will insinuate itself into the picture, and you'll start to feel the burn, and it will become more and more difficult to deny.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.