Knight Transportation Class Action Suit

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by tacc, Aug 2, 2009.

1. moon light

moon light Bobtail Member

Nov 22, 2009
    georgia
    Knight is a family owned company that is self insured,when i drove for knight pay per diem was only an option. Sounds like you chose the per diem option I tried it for 2 weeks then switched back over with no problems. All it took for me was a phone call to pheonix and the girl removed it over the phone.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Sad_Panda

Sad_Panda Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2006
    HERP DERP I'M POSTING ON THE INTERNETZ!

This is about the LOCAL non-interstate drivers!

Who can collect OT baby!

4. knighton5

knighton5 Heavy Load Member

Nov 19, 2006
    Rose City

I also switched to NO PER DIEM (signed the form) and made more NET money. I think it has to do with how many you claim on taxes. Not sure.

5. fugitive46

fugitive46 Bobtail Member

Dec 1, 2009
    piedmont,mo.
    yes i worked for knight up untill yesterday,i tried to do everything right when i left ga
    ve them a months notice,parked my truck where i was supposed to,made sure it was
    clean,and turned everything in that i recieved during orientation.i recieved a msg on
    my voice mail from the terminal manager that i hadn't given notice and abandoned my
    truck.says hes going to put this on my dac.i'd be all for suing them.

this to me is a serious issue,anyone else out there had an experience like this?i'm just
    wondering if there really is anything i can do about it?

trucker43 Thanks this.
  6. cowboy_tech

cowboy_tech Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Avondale, CO
    Overtime does NOT apply to drivers Who need to use a log book. My company supplies the yard drivers for Target. They are paid by the hour and are made to do a run to keep them on driver status. This also keeps my company from having to pay overtime. If there is legal president for the contrary. I and many others would like to know.

trucker43 Thanks this.
  7. brandond

brandond Light Load Member

Sep 25, 2009
    Bounce between TX and OK

Actually overtime doesnt apply. And its not because of the log book. It is because if your company has any driver, (even if not you and you are local only) who can be called upon, or that will be assigned and made to run across state lines they are exempt from overtime laws. Has nothing to do with the log book. Thats from the US Department of Labor Wage and Hour division. Biggest crock I ever heard. So that one (or many many many) in your company who travel outside the state or over the road are the main ones haulting overtime pay for you.

trucker43 and bigblue19 Thank this.
  8. brandond

brandond Light Load Member

Sep 25, 2009
    Bounce between TX and OK

If you took your truck in, to a terminal. Was it the one you picked it up from? Did you get the little sheet most companies give you stating you turned the truck in? You didnt abandon the truck. Did you send messages over the qualcomm or make a phone call giving your notice? Qualcomm messages are stored and can be legally brought up and used against them in court. If you have the proper paperwork showing you turned the truck in (where you picked it up from physically, as if you took it some place else may still qualify for abandonment) first get your dac report and dispute the entry sending in a copy of the truck sheet in with it. Showing that yes you did turn it in, and make sure it is signed and legible. If they fail to remove it after doing that, get a lawyer, and take it to court making the qualcomm messages court ordered into a court room. You may be able to find a lawyer who will take the case on a percentage basis. Definitely able to get something for defemation if you took the truck back, not giving notice has nothing to do with abandoning the truck. Job abandonment maybe, but not truck abandonment. But if you gave a months notice they had far more than enough time of knowing of your upcoming resign date. You will certainly win. Only thing that will get you possibly is not returning it to the place you picked it up from. Hope the info helps you. Or at least puts your mind at ease.

trucker43 Thanks this.
  9. LoveCSA2010

LoveCSA2010 Bobtail Member

Apr 2, 2011
    seattle Wa
    anyone know what happened to Christopher Sandberg, Is he still in cal.

10. LoveCSA2010

Apr 2, 2011
    seattle Wa
    there is curently a class action in Oregon for the perdium and the 2 cents you speek of. Oregon law prohibates companies from taking wages out of emplees pay

19kM-1Driver and trucker43 Thank this.
  11. LoveCSA2010

Apr 2, 2011
    seattle Wa
    do you know any drivers that used to work out of fontana, I would like to talk with them about why they left

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.