Knight Transportation, MY TURN

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by RizenPhoenix, Jul 27, 2009.

1. RizenPhoenix

RizenPhoenix Road Train Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Some valid points have been made on the mpg vs. idle time issue.

1. To make it fair it would have to be apples against apples, i.e., find the average for pre '07 petes and then have pete drivers aim to beat the average.

2. I think when it comes to tires, Knight does everything wrong. They are trying to get the cost per mile for the tires down, but what they fail to see is they are pissing away much more in fuel then they are saving on tires. At least they do use a lot of XZA3 on the steers, now if they'd just start running virgin XDA energies on the drives maybe we could get some where.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JimDriv3r

JimDriv3r Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Is
    There is one solution to dealing with California's anti-idle laws: Cease the movement of TL freight throughout California. If businesses want freight moved, there are always the LTL companies...

4. brianc20

brianc20 Light Load Member

Jul 27, 2008
    burlington vt
    Here i my two cents on Knights I was excepted with them they wanted me to go right away to orientation then get out on the rod ( sound slike rushing? yes!!) then the kicker.......living then AWESOME VERMONT area(which blows for EVERY tucking company out here) they wanted me to park the truck 150 to 200 miles from my house and then drive home then return the next day jump in the truck and get rolling......NO!! they said they were working with me...I think not!!! I would of spent more time driving on my 34hr restart then driving the truck. then the terminal mgr had the balls to get mad at me on the phone telling me that I live in a piss pore state and freight sucks there.........well excuse me! so Knights can keep rolling down the road WITHOUT ME!!!

5. BubbaTrucker

BubbaTrucker "Iam Hanging in there"

Nov 12, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    you must be out of syracuse terminal ..

6. knighton5

knighton5 Heavy Load Member

Nov 19, 2006
    Rose City
    Oh I love this. I cant stop laughing!:biggrin_255:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.