Kroger-all of them are tied for the worst

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by ShortBusKid, Jun 22, 2015.

1. lfod14

lfod14 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Typical Anti-Union nonsense. I can't stand when people make generalizations like all Union workers are intentionally slow. Because there's no non-union lazy employees right? I don't stop working from when I clock in till when I leave minus my break. It's been the same with other Union positions I've had as well. YES, we like everybody else can and do get in trouble for not doing our jobs believe it or not. The only difference is we can have a 3rd party in the middle if it goes bad. We CAN also be fired contrary to popular belief. When I talk to drivers at other Union companies especially ABF those guys are worked like dogs! The 1 guy working 5 guys watching thing is the construction workers, not the rest of us!

bzinger and 12 ga Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. precariousthoughts

precariousthoughts Light Load Member

Jul 9, 2015
    I've been to that one in Tolleson. It's ridiculous. Thank God it was just a crap
    CH Robinson load my boss got because the regular brokers had nothing

ShortBusKid Thanks this.
  4. ShortBusKid

ShortBusKid Heavy Load Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Vegas
    Well miracles do occur I guess. Went to Tolleson again with the exact same load as last time. Had a 2pm appointment and was expecting the worst. I checked in at noon and was out the gate by 245. I think I'm going to buy a lottery ticket today! Kind of a bummer though because I planned to lay over assuming I would not get out of there until late so I'm stuck overnight in the furnace named Phoenix.

Vilhiem Thanks this.
  5. precariousthoughts

precariousthoughts Light Load Member

Jul 9, 2015
    That is a miracle. Good for you.

I'll be in that furnace tomorrow night, thankfully not at kroeger

6. Popfts

Popfts Bobtail Member

Jul 16, 2015
    I hate Kroger also! I sat at the Kroger DC in Memphis, TN for 9 hours and the kicker? Had to pay a $244 lumper fee, $244 to sit for 9 hours; what a joke.

7. allisonisatranny

allisonisatranny Light Load Member

Oct 6, 2014
    The Kroger in Dallas, TX? Or is it Houston? Pretty sure its the DFW area...a dump outside, tight, cramped parking lots, poorly lit....designed for 35' trailers it seems. You have to call a crane out just to get you into some of these holes. Tight.

8. Popfts

Popfts Bobtail Member

Jul 16, 2015
    Sounds like Renoylds Wrap in Louisville, KY, designed for covered wagons to back in; not a 53'.

9. Swedish Chef

Swedish Chef Heavy Load Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    I've been to some Kroger DCs and they aren't too painful. Last one i was at was the Delaware, Ohio DC. Showed up at 7:30 for an 8 am appt.. Was out the door by 9:15.

10. Longarm

Longarm Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Welp, some days yer the hammer and some days yer the nail. Nearly twelve hours after my appt. I'm still sitting in a door untouched. So much for my second stop.

Plenty of time to ponder how the hell anyone in this country manages to eat and why I'm such an ####### for pulling a reefer.

11. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Maybe your paperwork got stuck under the pile, and they forgot about you. Happened to me before. That's why after a few hours of no shaking, i go in and check.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.