L.W. Miller Co. - Logan, Ut.?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by azraelle, Aug 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    The outfit sucked, not the recruiting outfit that brought him to the job.

LW Miller is just one of those Utah outfits. And we all know what those Utah trucking companies are like, do we not...at least those that beg for drivers 25 hours a day, 8 days a week?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. asturt

asturt Bobtail Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Chester UK
    Hi Cupcake,
    Is you visa process still ongoing with TFu?
    I noticed the TFU site is down till 2009. kind of hard to know what is going on with conflicting opinions re lwmiller.

4. examerican

examerican Bobtail Member

I wrote a big speal on LWM and TFU but then forgot to send it, so I lost it.
    Yes TFU are crap as well,they have caused so much trouble for so many guys over the years by not doing there job properly and have left many guys in the Crap and ruined their whole USA OTR experience before it even started and some of them were already in the USA.

I know a couple of them that left the USA before they even got a chance to drive a truck because Annette stuffed it up for them.

5. usatogo

usatogo Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2008
    Little Rock Arkansas
    I have a friend who works in SLC in the tanker division. He has been there for 7 months and really likes it. The people are friendly and considerate.

6. examerican

Yeah the tanker div is run by different folk,much better people

7. examerican

I have too be careful of what I say on this website,someone had a bit of a sulk about something I said,The small mindedness of some people hey,Some folk need to get a life and realise there is life outside a very small truckers webpage

8. usatogo

usatogo Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2008
    Little Rock Arkansas
    TFU , Truckers For USA has done good for all drivers. Over 800 UK , Australian and New Zealand drivers over the last 7 years. Got them where they wanted to be and the drivers fulfilled their dream.

9. asturt

asturt Bobtail Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Chester UK
    So, you guys have both got totally different opinions of tfu, usatogo, did you use tfu yourself ?

( to the moderator : apologies for posting the dead link before, was not intentional)

10. cupcake

cupcake Bobtail Member

Sep 19, 2007
    uk
    Hiya mate,yes visa process still going very good,getting all the information i need,i see tfu is down but you can still get all you need from Greencards.Re LW Miller,i've spoke with them and spoke with guys who STILL work for them,(they love it).Anyway let us know when your back in UK,could talk about lots,but not driven wagons in USA so i'll sit back and keep quiet if you know what i mean.

11. examerican

How come you have talked with the guys from LWM and yet you have not driven in the USA?

I enjoyed working for LWM for the first 3 months as well until they turned on most of the overseas drivers.

They did have a couple of little pets mind you,but they were old guys and they were just cruisie.
    I would think they have their Greencards now.

The longest I worked for a trucking company in the USA was 2.5 years (Harold Ives) and I loved every moment of it.

I had a 110mph truck with everything turned up and done 23000 mpm,the 1st truck I had was 355 and done 72mph,but I still done 23000mpm in this as well for a year.

In those days I was allot more quiet and put up with a bit more,If I was there now I would refuse to be paid the 26cpm I got paid and no bonus system at all.

So this might help you see why I get so frustrated at how the USA visa system is so unfair and at how these USA trucking company take advantage of us in many ways.
    I also get frustrated at how someone like TFU can still recruit us and make a fortune out of our misfortune and make a killing out of it.

Yes sure,TFU has sent many guys to the USA,But most of them have never been to the USA in their lives more or less driven a truck there.
    So really these guys are shealtered an naive as to what is going on and to how the visa system works,so at the same time as being thrilled with being there,they are getting taken advantage of big time by a company that is only there to make money with the least possible effort(TFU)

I have seen them screw over so many guys in the past and not give a dam,I mean screw them over and cost the poor guys a fortune before they even get on the road in the USA.

90 percent of the guys that go to the USA will be fine,as I said, they have never been there before and are so excited to be there that they just do there job not knowing any different,while guys like me who have lived in the USA for 11 odd years are clued up and dispute the companys wrong doings and then I get pushed aside and frownd upon for doing so.

Hey,somebody needs to make a change with how we a being treated and taken advantage of and how unfair the USA Immigration system is.

The USA has so much crap sneaking over the boarder everyday and the USA Government just lets them keep crossing,Lets face it,there are about 12 milliion of them,you can't tell me the USA Government has ever seriously done anything about illegall immigration.

But a couple of thousand English speaking,hard working,clean living White people want to work in the country,we are made to jump hoops and then still have a huge hassle,Wrong ,wrong ,wrong.

It must stop

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.