Lakeside Transport - Reno

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by BigPerm, Sep 4, 2012.

1. BigPerm

BigPerm Medium Load Member

Dirt drivers beware. This is how Lakeside Specialized Transport in Verdi ( Reno ) treats drivers. Oh yeah, nice pretty trucks, all kinds of "propaganda" hangn' on the fences, & lettered in the fuel tank...but what they don't tell you;

1.) You don't get paid for any pre/post/fuel time, even tho' you are in a "Safety-Sensitive" position.
    2.) You won't get paid every Friday when on Prevailing Wage jobs like the contract MANDATES.
    3.) You won't get paid for standby when working percentage. The truck does..YOU DON'T.
    4.) The aggregate dispatcher WILL dispatch lower seniority drivers before you, and most likely it'll be a Prevailing job.
    5.) you WILL work as many hours as the job requires. My personal best was 18 1/2. Second best around 16+.
    6.) Don't complain about service. You'll be gone.
    7. 60-70 trucks...One mechanic..?? Hmmmm.
    8.) Forget any vacation..you gotta work 1200+hrs per year to qualify. HA!!

Probably the worst job I've had. Sure wasn't that way before the current dispatcher came aboard. He must have great kneepads.

Milton Barnes Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Milton Barnes

Milton Barnes Bobtail Member

Dec 30, 2013
    Absolutely TRUE!!! Thanks for posting. Tod and Jim are Not Good People

4. BigPerm

Thanx..pretty sure we worked together making LST a bunch on the I-80 paving, Donner Pass, & other money makers for that old tight-assed ( well maybe not anymore ) Foul-mouthed, pretentious ### owner. Wow, am I bitter! Just hate to get hosed at the owners expense. Just 'cause you have nice equipment usually means its BALANCED...on the back of the employees. Enough to make me turn LIBERAL. And folks.....THAT...is a lot.

Still believing in KARMA y'all. And NO...I won't go over to the dark (liberal ) side.

Thanx again,re; yer input

VenueChanger Thanks this.
  5. commontrack

commontrack Bobtail Member

Aug 25, 2013
    Reno, NV
    Todd and Jim are still there at LST.
    I worked for a subcontractor under LST back on that I-80 paving job.
    LST won't hire me do to the fact that I personally told the owner of LST where
    he could put his opinion.

6. true blue

true blue Medium Load Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Harrisburg, NC
    Sounds like he gets bonuses for all the money he "saves" the company (rips off the drivers for). Had this happen at a company that I pulled their reefers with my own authority for some years back. I saw how the pay scale changed drastically. They made it sound like they were making it so everyone did what they were supposed to, but in reality, if you add up the numbers, the pay came out significantly less for the stop pay -which was hard labor. I'm sure there were kickbacks to the dispatcher that set this all up.

7. BigPerm

Yep...& then there was the winter gold-ore jobs out ! Elko...that no-one had any info on until we packed up & drove out there. Jeez, how can you commit the equipment, & let the drivers show up w/o any idea of hours (HA!!) pay, etc.

And they wonder why trucks hit trains? Tired is why. Logsheets/?? Oh spare me.

I've not met a more pretentious (sp?) owner...it's so much B.S. about how they care. The only thing they care about is maintaining profit..which you HAVE to do...but sooner or later ya' gotta spread it around a bit. I don't see how they get away with not paying for REQUIRED pre-trip inspections? You are in a safety-sensitive position the second your intent is to operated the truck. I dunno, some loophole...just like the prevailing wage hosing we get on federally funded jobs. I doesn't make any sense...I dragging around 130K# for $18/hr...but our good buddy dumping us out get $69/hr base rate. You KNOW he was lovin' weekends.

8. TRUTH64

TRUTH64 Bobtail Member

May 9, 2014
    In response to thread about Lakeside

1) Drivers do not do the requred saftey checks watched daily as they just jumped in the truck and left usually late.
    2) You have never seen a job contract there is no mandate for weekly pay drivers have to be paid before the company is paid.
    3) The driver does get paid for standby until after 1 hr so does the truck. Faking standby time when the 20 other trucks on the job do not have any will not get you extra money.
    4) Drivers are dispatched by additude and ability if you work hard and try to do what the company asks you go out first. Seinority does not matter due to the fact how long you have worked there doese not mean you deserve work over someone else.
    5) Job sites requre long hours this has been a fact since the beginning of construction, Drivers complain about not getting paid and then when they get a lot of hours they dont want to work. If you get too tired to drive go home nobody can say anything about it if you are truly out of hours local truck operate on 14 day.
    6) The trucks are construction trucks there are higher priorities than A/C needing to be fixed. Also drivers are not mechanics so what the driver thinks is wrong usually is not the case.
    7) 60-70 trucks there are always at least 3 mechanics during peake season. Mechanics are usually bogged down during the day due to drivers not reporting problems @ end of shift because they did not do their post trips.
    8)You get a weeks paid vacation after your first year. Hours are not taken in to consideration unless paid out per prevailing wadge job mandates.
    9) Drivers on the mine job averaged $300-$350 per day = Around $2450 per week if you dont want to work 7 days a week stay home and draw unemployment. Almost 5k a month is pretty good for a driver that does not have to sleep in the truck.

*Dispatch does not get bonuses for saving money at the expence of employees
    *Appropriate work attire is required( Your a truck driver have a little pride in you apperence you deal with customers. Shirt, Jeans, Boots,. *Sweat pants and tennis shoes are only acceptible if you are a PE teacher or a personal trainer.

The drivers this has to be explained to are drivers who want everything handed to them and are unwilling to work hard. Lakeside is a place for driver who wants to work and does not mind putting out effort to get the job done, and that can deal with a little hardship every once in a while. The drivers that go out first will be more than happy to explain this they have done more and worked harder than the rest. They also know how to drive all equipment and have done little to no damage to trucks. The drivers that turn down winter work IE out of town or Fed EX UPS work should not be allowed to collect unemployment. But I bet they do....

Thank you

9. BigPerm

Based upon the horrible grammar...I would suspect the last response came from someone in upper management. . Basic unchanged Bacon-Davis contractual language has not changed for years, and YES, contractors
    AND sub contractors ARE REQUIRED to submit AND PAY CERTIFIED WEEKLY PAYROLL. You want to work these jobs..you had better have the money to finance YOUR portion of the job. It doesn't work like this; I get paid, you get paid. If that were so...any fly-by-night company with 2 trucks could work federal on down jobs. READ THE CONTRACT. I DID.

Seniority...? Grab your knee-pads as noted before. Sure...work for free, you'll get a better dispatch.

Go back and read how utterly foolish your response is Mr./Ms.Truth....'cause there ain't much in it you understand.

The defense rests.

10. Pasquale

Pasquale Medium Load Member

Dec 18, 2013
    I always wondered about that outfit? Lots of trucks always sitting and I'm not surprised.

11. TRUTH64

TRUTH64 Bobtail Member

May 9, 2014
    Pay days are the 5th and the 20th unless they fall on a holiday. You have not read any contract that Lakeside has been apart of. You have no clue if you are getting Bacon-Davis or another type.By the way a small owner op outfit can work on fed jobs the construction companies prefer it due to the fact the do not have to pay them prevailing wage. Senority = Old bitter drivers that think the world owes them a favor for doing just enough to keep a job. As you stated in one of the postes above you complain about pay and who gets to work but then continue on to complain about working too many hours??? How much sense does that make? Sounds like your one of the ones who always crys about not working and then when you get told you need to work on a weekend you throw a fit. Also if you know so much about contracts and how trucking comanies work you must be doing good running your own operation or being a head transportation manager some ware. Or maybe your an english professor beings you feel the need to judge my grammer. Either way I am sure your not some bitter old guy who has nothing better to do but to complain annonamously on the internet. I see you have made 440 poasts since Dec 2013 any of those positive?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.