Landscape dump truck

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by I love tequila, Mar 25, 2019.

1. I love tequila

I love tequila Light Load Member

Sep 10, 2018
    The landscape companies use dump trucks.... Do most require a cdl? Some use trucks w/ air brakes, and haul trailers that might have air brakes... So would a ford f650 dump truck w/ air brakes and a 22ft trailer w/ equipment like mini excavator, skid steer or bulldozer on it require a cdl? Or would it be a regular license thats needed?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ValdezWrencher

ValdezWrencher Bobtail Member

Mar 25, 2019
    You need a Airbrake Endorsement, DOT Medical Card and Class B CDL

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  4. BKLusk64

BKLusk64 Light Load Member

Nov 17, 2012
    Depending on the state, if the trailer has a gvwr over 10,000 lbs you need a ckass a.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    [

Also the 650 is a limit of what's possible with a basic car license. Add a trailar to it for commercial work and airbrakes? then you need to go up to a B with airbrakes. And a current DOT Medical, without which you will not be allowed to hold that B rating. (There are ways for workaround, but beyond the scope of topic.)

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  6. Woodchuck88

Woodchuck88 Medium Load Member

Jan 4, 2017
    New York
    I don’t have the book in front of me but over 10,000 - 26000 is just a medical card I believe. With air brakes you need endorsement. We need to know the weight of the truck.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted