Landstar / EOBR

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Truck609, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    You implied it with this comment from this thread.

Their insurance would cover their driver, not yours.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigBadBill

BigBadBill Bullishly Optimistic

Oct 2, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    How many companies have "forced dispatch" in the contract. Now, we all know the "turn down a load and you sit" forced dispatch but a company that leases and has forced dispatch likely has far more problems than this.

DrtyDiesel Thanks this.
  4. BigBadBill

BigBadBill Bullishly Optimistic

Oct 2, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    Anyone thinking a "reasonable suspicion" test is warranted?

DrtyDiesel Thanks this.
  5. fireba11

fireba11 Heavy Load Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Tracy City, TN
    Naw...He does make some good points.

6. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    I have heard that CRE and some of the mills have the lease going and they are forced dispatch.

7. MNdriver

MNdriver Road Train Member

Feb 24, 2012
    If anyone can articulate justification for suspending a persons 4th amendment rights, they MIGHT have a Chance at getting into a truck.

8. Cowpie1

Cowpie1 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA
    Would doing in on paper pass muster as opposed to doing off duty driving? Oh, I forgot, you wanted to "edit" the logs. And is it any wonder why the special interest groups, insurance companies, and carriers are wanting a move to mandatory electronic logs. Either way, the odds of getting pulled over by a DOT making a short move from a customer to a reasonable parking area is so remote that the argument really is moot anyway. It is just a smoke screen argument to make an irrelevant point. I cannot even remember any time I passed a DOT while doing this, let alone give them something suspicious to feel the need to pull me over.

And you don't think they have a multitude of other ways they can track where you have been? Ever heard of dumping the ECM, checking cell phone locations, etc. A good cop, prosecutor, or attorney can almost find out when the last time you wiped your bum. And moving while under an electronic log, even after 14, is not as bad of an offense and intentionally falsifying logs. Either one will ding you, but the severity is different. And both will get you shut down for a 10. Having to leave a location, might, just might, cause one to explain to an officer what the situation was and gain some leniency. Falsifying a log will just tick them off.

DrtyDiesel Thanks this.
  9. DrtyDiesel

DrtyDiesel Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Jacksonville, FL
    I agree, id much rather get in trouble for driving over my 14 rather than falsifying logs.

It does suck when that happens, but its either piss off the customer and possibly get the cops called or just leave and possibly never get caught.

Ethan

10. Cowpie1

Cowpie1 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA
    Yep, just as in poker, you have to play the odds. Trucking isn't the only risky business. Farmers do it every year when they plant. They may not run afoul of the law, but they may lose their shirt.

11. Working Class Patriot

Working Class Patriot Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...

Life is a risk.....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.