Landstar / EOBR

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Truck609, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Lone Ranger 13

Lone Ranger 13 Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Asheville, NC
    I was in the process of leasing to Landstar. But I decided against it due to the-log requirement for new contractors. If they have a HOS compliance issue, it wasn't me who caused it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. extraenterprises

extraenterprises Light Load Member

Mar 20, 2013
    warren indiana
    The eobr may well be a way of PREVENTING the csa scores from getting too high. I like it for two reasons. First is the fact that anytime I get checked at a scale I hand them the tablet and they dont even bother looking at it. Saves me a lot of time and the fines for the bs stuff like not having a line or entry in the right place,etc. Second its one less thing I haveto think about. As long as I make the entry in the morning I can spend my time concentrating on more important stuff. If iwant to know how much time I have left its right there at a glance. No figuring needed.

4. Lone Ranger 13

Sep 27, 2012
    Asheville, NC
    Never have had a log book violation . Just got inspected in CA in March. Filling out a log is simple. They usually just look at the day I'm on to see if current and nothing obviously wrong. With e-logs many drivers spend their days playing beat the clock. The 14 hr rule causes drivers to hurry. Not good for safety if you ask me. I have to match my log to my qcomm, but at least I could move 10 miles or so during break and not have to log it. E-logs usually allow 2 miles or less . Yes u could drop your trailer and log off duty, but your trailer/load could get stolen. And you have to go back to get it. Just wasting time and effort just to stay within the law. Not to mention the 1 or 2 gallons of fuel just to satify a law. These days we are forced to focus more on being legal than being as safe as possible. Oh well. This is the future of trucking. Stop thinking for your self and just comply. OK . I'll stop ranting . Be safe out there and try not to get punished for doing it .

5. extraenterprises

extraenterprises Light Load Member

Mar 20, 2013
    warren indiana
    With the system.I use as long as you do a post trip it will keep you off duty until you do a pre trip agsin. Im not sure about landstars system

6. Lone Ranger 13

Sep 27, 2012
    Asheville, NC
    With many companies, the elog will automatically put you on driving if you drive 1or 2 miles. I was with Crete. You could drive off duty , but only if you were bobtail. One day I woke up in a rest area after 7 hours of sleep. I had to wait 3 hours to leave because I had to wait til I had a 10 hour break. Then I drove 30 miles to a truckstop for breakfast and a shower. I hate wasting this time just because it's the law. If we had some flexibility on how we log a break, I wouldn't have a problem with elog.

7. Cowpie1

Cowpie1 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA
    I would have taken the 8 in the sleeper, and probably picked up enough time to get to the truckstop, then taken the other 2 off duty there while i was eating and getting the shower. I have done that frequently in the past. That split can work to ones advantage once in a while, though not every time.

8. Lone Ranger 13

Sep 27, 2012
    Asheville, NC
    Crete didn't allow splitting the break. I don't know why. I guess they didn't want a driver making a log mistake trying to split break. I think they are gonna go all elog now.

9. Starboyjim

Starboyjim Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Weed, CA

10. Casual Trucker

Casual Trucker Medium Load Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Some times i wonder about some the comments made on this forum i just can't believe that a driver actually loves his EOBR or he doesn't mind having it on the truck what a boy scout If the truck was yours and you are paying for all the expense's on that truck Then who the heck is Land Scare to tell you what you should do with your truck? Are You really a driver or are you a company man? If the government tells you that you need an EOBR for your house in order to comply with rules and regs would you install it on your house? or would you Fire the SOB that invented such a foolish idea? I think those of you that like to follow company standards VS your own should just drive the company trucks you will make more money at the very least get Land Crap to pay your social security fund and give you some Geico insurance

volvodriver01 and gokiddogo Thank this.
  11. russellkanning

russellkanning Medium Load Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Frost, TX
    You can choose not to run with Landstar. :)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.