Landstar / EOBR

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Truck609, Aug 5, 2012.

1. extraenterprises

extraenterprises Light Load Member

Mar 20, 2013
    warren indiana
    He has. He stated that with paper logs he has "flexibility" to stop in the middle of his 14 hours. Unless he is falsifying that log he has no more "flexibility" than with an eobr.
    He is correct that we agree the regs are ridiculous but the fact is thats the fault of the regulation and not the eobr.Where did you come ip with robbing banks? What does that have to do with anything?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. volvodriver01

volvodriver01 Road Train Member

I figured since we were bringing things into this discussion that has no bearing in here I could add some of my own... :biggrin_25526:

rollin coal Thanks this.
  4. extraenterprises

Mar 20, 2013
    warren indiana
    I get that you have a problem with the regs! WE BOTH DO. What does how hos is tracked have to do with it? Unless a paperlog is being falsified theres no more flexibility with a paper log than an eobr. We need to be fighting the inflexibility in the 14 hour rule. Thats where the problem is. If somebody doesnt want to use an eobr more power to them. I have never supported the mandate. I like mine. Its less hassle I have to deal with

volvodriver01 Thanks this.
  5. volvodriver01

Now you got it. Took ya a minute but you are now realizing what RollinCoal has been saying the last few hours...

6. extraenterprises

Mar 20, 2013
    warren indiana
    My comment was relevant if you thought about it. Opposing eobrs because another regulation was inflexible? THE EOBR ISNTTHE CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM just like water coming into the house isnt the reason the basement is flooded. FIX THE REAL PROBLEM. Get.it now?

7. extraenterprises

Mar 20, 2013
    warren indiana
    I always did. My posts made that clear. This is a thread about eobrs. My point is if youre following the regs you lose no flexibility by using one. Very simple

8. volvodriver01

Actually you loose alot of flexability by using eobrs instead of paper but I am not going to sit here and type it all out for you. By the way E-logs just allow guys to falsify logs without getting caught. Read up on this forum and you will see alot of drivers using them are just finding different ways to run illegal. Good night Sir.

9. extraenterprises

Mar 20, 2013
    warren indiana
    What can you legally do with a paper log that you cant with an elog?

10. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    This is a long thread, I wonder without digging back through it, what device is Landstar usimg and how are the parameters set, i.e. how far or how fast can you move and not go on the driveline, and other specifics, like can you work but not drive after the 14 without issues?

11. extraenterprises

Mar 20, 2013
    warren indiana
    I dont know about landstars paticular system. With the one I uas you can use the personal conveyance as much as you want. As for working after 14 hours theres no.law against that as it is. Perhaps someone with landstar could help more

25(2)+2 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.