Landstar is getting cheap.

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by nightgunner, Nov 1, 2017.

1. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Orrstown, PA
    Exactly.

And since they got rid of seeing the bid amounts for Carriers it's a waste of time dealing with Landstar for us usually. Most of their offices run for garbage rates is what I've found. Lots of calls for crap.... Total crap rates. No thanks.

There are a limited few that still have some really good freight but it's very slim with Landstar anymore.

Been seeing and hearing more and more about Landstar double brokering others loads and shady practices like that as well. I think the company has really taken a beating honestly.

LS used to be a company we liked dealing with but it's been very rare anymore that we even bother with their low dollar garbage freight.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Orrstown, PA
    I would agree with that. So far some of our worst experiences in the business have been with Landstar!!!!

Oh... And this is important ... Don't ever... Ever... Expect Landstar customer service to back you up if you have a problem with one of their SCUM bag agencies !! Prepare to be screwed over.

Lying , cheating, crooked, CHEAP agents ... I'd attempt to compare them to BNSF but their freight is so cheap i can't recall the last time I've even bothered with that trash company either LMAO !!

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
  4. boredsocial

boredsocial Road Train Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    They are double brokering loads direct off the load boards, of course they are crap. If you took my load and took off 10-15% it would be trash. That's why I'm paying 10-15% more. This business is about pennies and 10-15% aint pennies.

5. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    No wonder why in some of the posting comments it says " No Landstar". GOOD!

6. boredsocial

boredsocial Road Train Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    It's certainly my policy. Serious as a heart attack about that too. I STILL wish I could figure out how to get direct access to Landstar O/O's but I'm not going to do business with their agents to do it. HMU anyone who has a solution to my problem!

EDIT: Also won't give Landstar any % of my brokerage revenue. Sorry my companies name is something I have a lot more control over than Landstars. You won't see any comments like this about my shop, and I won't be defending anyones business practices but my own. I can't co-exist with a substantial % (like way more than 50%) of the Landstar agents I've spoken with in the past.

TallJoe Thanks this.
  7. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    AMEN!

8. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    Cause your using their brokerage division which started about 15 years ago

Yes, It makes the BNSF railroad look bad- Now.....If you contracted intermodal freight using the BNSF's Ports or Rail Hubs through a Steamship Line- Your treated so much better

that brokerage they have has NOTHING,to do with their primary business which is rail movement

Actually surprised they stay in business..........But again not surprised, Too easy for the dumbfounded to start a trucking company

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  9. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I love scumbag agents accusing agents of being scumbags.

Hence comes into play " It takes one to know one."

whoopNride Thanks this.
  10. whoopNride

whoopNride Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Miss.
    Go to Schneider! That's where the money is.. Landstar has nothing but garbage freight. Don't believe me, ask anyone who has NEVER worked there..

11. Tall Mike

Tall Mike Road Train Member

Aug 20, 2014
    New York
    Landstar was cheap when I was there 10 years ago nice to see it hasn't changed any.

Truth be told you need to know people over there its the good ole boy network all the way.

As was pointed out the good stuff rarely makes the board.

DSK333 and whoopNride Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.