Landstar Questions

Discussion in 'Landstar' started by Brickman, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Dewey120

Dewey120 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Southern California
    A broker I pulled a load for about 6 weeks ago asked if I could put the trailer I dropped as load complete. What does he mean by this? When I dropped and hooked at receiver I updated my status with my loaded trailer dropped and the empty I took out.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 2wildT

2wildT Light Load Member

Jun 23, 2013
    southeast
    I've taken the time to read alot of this thread, but still have some questions. I've applied to Landstar.
    With OOIDA help I may have found someone to refinance my truck and bring it with me from Dart. I
    know LS is going to issue me Illinois apportioned plates and my permits, all to be paid for by me, got
    that. Since my home of residence is Florida, do I have to have the truck titled in Florida with the
    refinancing? The refinance company is out of Montana, will that cause any issues living in Florida?
    I was told 6.5% on the loan, good rate, or better out there? Although I've got 13 years under the
    butt now, less than 3 years of that have been as a business owner. So even with very good credit,
    most places won't touch me.

4. tirednaz

tirednaz Heavy Load Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Arizona
    No all you will need is to provide the documentation that you are purchasing the truck from the finance company. Your recruiter should be able to tell you what it is called.

2wildT Thanks this.
  5. Rusty50484

Rusty50484 Light Load Member

Dec 25, 2009
    Northern Iowa
    To license you need bill of sale and copy of current 2290.

2wildT Thanks this.
  6. dogcatcher

dogcatcher Heavy Load Member

Apr 30, 2010
    tn
    You will need a copy of the title with lean holder and a release of revenue from the lean holder for landstar. LS will/can up to you get you plates out of IL.
    I think standard plates are 1600.00 through LS

2wildT Thanks this.
  7. fortycalglock

fortycalglock Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Tourist Town, FL
    If your truck is in your name now, where you title it won't matter. If it is a lease and in Dart or the lease company's name, you'll want to get an IL title as there won't be any sales tax on it. The last trailer I bought, I used Landstar's IL title person and put an IL plate on it to avoid the FL tax myself.

Bigdubber and 2wildT Thank this.
  8. Blind Driver

Blind Driver Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2006
    New Albany, IN
    Was talking to a LS driver last week that was telling me he doesn't move his van for less then $3.50 a mile. I'm guessing he as embellishing a bit.

I wasn't wearing my poop boots at the time :biggrin_25526:

9. fireba11

fireba11 Heavy Load Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Tracy City, TN
    Guess he doesn't move his truck much!

10. Blind Driver

Blind Driver Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2006
    New Albany, IN
    He admitted that, but also said he has cleared $40k so far this year :biggrin_25517:

11. tirednaz

tirednaz Heavy Load Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Arizona
    I got $13.50 a mile once.....the load only moved 18 miles but hay I can say I made it.

BigJon310 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.