Landstar So Far

Discussion in 'Landstar' started by Dave_in_AZ, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Saying so much by saying so little.
    Well played

Coffey and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  4. otterinthewater

otterinthewater Road Train Member

May 10, 2018
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    Looks photo shopped.

Blu_Ogre and Cat sdp Thank this.
  5. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    20191004_012348.jpg

6. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    So with the standard speed, efficiency, and attention to detail Landstar does everything...………..I called to make sure they had all of our Drug Clearinghouse forms.

On hold 23 minutes 43 seconds.

Reply, " I can't tell you. We just started processing them, and there are thousands.

o_O

Mike2633, jsnell, Blu_Ogre and 2 others Thank this.
  7. Blu_Ogre

Blu_Ogre Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2013
    Out west
    The annual driver license/ticket review wasn't good enough for the feds?

OOIDA sent this out this morning.......

The FMCSA Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse compliance date of January 6th, 2020 remains in place for all motor carriers and owner-operators who need to register. Although FMCSA recently extended the compliance dates for State Driver Licensing Agencies, they are moving forward with all other requirements of the program.

Carriers/Employers:

Beginning in January, employers will be required to report drug and alcohol violations and conduct search queries. Employers are required to conduct full queries on prospective employees to see if they are prohibited from operating a CMV because of unresolved drug and alcohol violations. Employers also must query all current employees at least once a year to ensure no violations were incurred for a different motor carrier. All queries require driver consent.

Owner-Operators:

Owner-operators with their own authority are subject to the requirements pertaining to employers as well as those pertaining to drivers. That means owner-operators are required to conduct queries on themselves at least once a year. Owner-operators with their own authority must designate their consortium/third-party administrator.

Individual CDL Holders:

Registration is not a required step for drivers. However, a driver will need to be registered to provide electronic consent in the clearinghouse for a prospective or current employer to conduct a full query. Failing to consent to a query will result in a driver being prohibited from working for the employer conducting the query. In addition, a driver must also be registered to view the information electronically in his or her own record. So drivers don't necessarily have to register, but they may still want to do so.

Register for the FMCSA Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse here.

Watch this video for step-by-step registration instructions and further information about the clearinghouse.

For other frequently asked questions, you can visit FMCSA's information page.

Additionally, experts from OOIDA's Drug Testing Consortium will be explaining details of the clearinghouse and answering your questions on Wednesday, December 18th. Visit OOIDA's Facebook page on the 18th at 4:30pm eastern/3:30pm central to watch live.

Thank you for your time and support of OOIDA, please let us know if you have any questions.

-OOIDA Call To Action Team

HopeOverMope Thanks this.
  8. otterinthewater

otterinthewater Road Train Member

May 10, 2018
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    I can tell you this. I sent mine in, and because of the standard speed, efficiency, and attention to detail Landstar does everything I notated the date and time stamp, and queued it up as draft to send it again the next three times they say they still haven’t received it.

I’ve often wondered if emails sent to them drop directly into a digital shredder of sorts. That would explain a lot.

9. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    I tried registering on the FMCSA site, but Landstar doesn't know who our drug consortium collector is.

10. Blu_Ogre

Blu_Ogre Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2013
    Out west
    oy vey

Sometimes American English just does not have the words....

Shardrk Thanks this.
  11. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Dave bad......

Took me about 20 minutes to sign up for the clearing house........#getgoing

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.