Landstar So Far

Discussion in 'Landstar' started by Dave_in_AZ, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. subseaguru

subseaguru Medium Load Member

Sep 6, 2015
    Waco, Tx
    i have a spam caller app on my truck phone and all the agents (10 so far) that i have had issues with are automatically sent to a recorded message that goes "Thank you for taking time to call me but due to previous issues i cannot accept your load. thank you". one particular "international colleague" took offense to that message and reported me to landstar. Eileen called me to let me know that he was offended. needless to say, the message is still there.

3. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    0262D2BE-2570-4F46-90CB-A197F16AB42A.png

What is this Safety dept........?

4. JolliRoger

JolliRoger Road Train Member

May 8, 2007
    Mississippi
    Stable growth is good..
    Shaky growth, not so much.

Dave_in_AZ, Coffey and Opus Thank this.
  5. JolliRoger

JolliRoger Road Train Member

May 8, 2007
    Mississippi
    It is indeed comforting to get feedback confirming your message
    is getting out to the intended recipients.

slow.rider, Coffey, dwells40 and 2 others Thank this.
  6. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    I used to run into this all the time when I worked Walmart Produce. Always at the end of the list no matter when I got there. I finally told one shipper that he should have told me he didn’t want to do business with Walmart. I called my Walmart Broker and told him and he called and told them he was cancelling their contract and the 50 loads a week he bought from them. We started picking up elsewhere and none of us ever went back there.

7. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    There are agents in Laredo standing by to load your trucks now!!!

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  8. clausland

clausland Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2014
    North Woods
    Not saying you're wrong Dave, but consider this. I loaded one time to deliver to the Jacob Javits Convention Center in NYC when they first opened, sometime around '86 or '87. Supposedly, it was FCFS also, sign in and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait, all the while watching other Johnny come late to the party trucks getting unloaded. What gives? Well, those trucks were all Union trucks, being unloaded by Union workers. You want to get unloaded sooner?, well sure, considering I was here among the first to arrive. Pay the man over there, we'll get you backed in. Really? how bout you go pound salt. Next day, reps from the manufacturer showed up to occupy their booth, but no booth. What gives? you arrive late? Nope, been sittin here since yesterday morning at 0630. They wanted payola to get a dock space, and I told 'em to pound salt. The reps stormed off and I was backed in shortly thereafter. I never, took another load to that place....

9. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    Trade show freight is never FCFS regardless of what the bills say. That freight is unloaded as it fits into the floor plan, it is never unloaded without a company supervisor to instruct the placement of the set pieces. I've been to jjcc many times , it is a pita every time, but nothing that doesn't happen at every other convention center.

kemosabi49 Thanks this.
  10. clausland

clausland Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2014
    North Woods
    Maybe that's how it's done now, but this was 35 years ago involving Union carriers and Union dock workers, electricians, carpenters, etc. Regardless of what it is or was, I don't need the nonsense, and never took another load there, more for you I guess...

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.