Landstar So Far

Discussion in 'Landstar' started by Dave_in_AZ, Aug 11, 2017.

1. W9onTime

W9onTime Heavy Load Member

Oct 6, 2017
    DFW is one of those places you got to have one hand on the refresh button and the other on the phone

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I have successfully completed phase one of my trip to Dallas ( Delivered load ).

I'm at the facility in Ft. Worth now, for CABS class.
    They got me a room, on them, at the BW, which is a whole lot better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

Took about 10 minutes to get into said facility and park truck, total. Another 10 to find human and have them get me a room.

20171016_144834.jpg

The Wolfgang Puck private reserve coffee is an especially nice touch.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
    tucker and sawmill Thank this.
  4. W9onTime

Oct 6, 2017
    You also get paid to take cabs , not big money but nice

5. RStewart

RStewart Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    What is CABS?

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  6. W9onTime

Oct 6, 2017
    It's a business class , you take in the first 90 days then every 2 years

RStewart Thanks this.
  7. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    It's a class for those that don't know how to dispatch themselves, and a revue of safe driving technics.

You get a nice ballcap, some other good stuff, and a catered lunch, which was very good, and had several types of charred animal flesh.

I went after more like 130 days. And they said you have to go at least once every 3 years, when you renew your lease to Landstar.

I have successfully completed the class which is phase II of my trip to Dallas.

I've started phase III which is my escape from Dallas. I'm at a Pilot with almost no cell service, and had to drag my laptop in just to post this.
    Can't drive for about another 45 minutes.
    Phase III will not be successfully completed however until the load is delivered on time, otherwise the Dallas incursion will have resulted in total failure.

They have lots of statistics. Landstar is basically leading the pack in safety.

50% of all new Landstar BCO's are terminated within the first year.

Only 8% of all the rest are terminated after a year.

Overall turnover rate is 28%, and they consider that to be alarming, because it used to be about 10%.

I think it's cause of these classes they make you go to.

The facility is first class. Exceptionally clean. Easy to get help or answers on anything. Showers, kitchen. They have reserved parking for people taking class, so that's a snap, I guess you could 50 or 60 trucks with trailers, and probably another 20 or 30 BT in there, but people say if your looking just for a spot like that it is a B. I saw openings, but that was mid day. They have a guard, and I guess if it's full he won't admit you.

This basically satisfies my need or want to come to Texas for another 3 years, although I did play football for the Sam Rayburn Texans about a 1000 years ago.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
    blairandgretchen and RStewart Thank this.
  8. W9onTime

Oct 6, 2017
    They used to give you I think 250$ , did they do away with that ?

9. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    Well you seem to have the answer to everything I write.

10. W9onTime

Oct 6, 2017
    I got it last time I did cabs , you would know if they changed that since you just went through cabs

11. W9onTime

Oct 6, 2017
    Just trying to help with LS questions , I've been there over 11 years and thought that perspective would help . I won't respond to anymore of your posts though , I have better things to do

p608, jsnell and nikmirbre Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.