Landstar So Far

Discussion in 'Landstar' started by Dave_in_AZ, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    There's been lots of good days, I mean it's all pretty good, but that is the current record.

whoopNride Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cybercat

Cybercat Medium Load Member

Oct 17, 2014
    East Tn
    That's great. It always seems funny when folks say that almost lost it all at LS.
    Just had gal tell me that last night. They can't make switch from dispatched to self dispatcher and negotiater. All it takes is researching YouTube to understand it all better. It's all about drive and initiative.

csmith1281 and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  4. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    I could run any amount of trucks with ease. And I have to be home a lot!!!!

There are some WTF F/U agents for sure. And it puts a hurt on you when you get mixed up with one.

I told my cousin if I ever say I've booked a load with a female agent from Nevada again, to come and beat the F out of me, all the while asking me if I've learned anything yet.
    The two total debacles I've had have been from there. When I see Nevada on my phone showing where the agent is, now I just hit reject then block.

5. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    If its the same agency I'm thinking of with a 775 area code...... I originally booked the load with a guy at the agency. Then someone he quit by the time it was time for me to load..... she wasn't bad but I want to say I ended up getting paid for the debacle.... this was about 7 years ago at RFK stadium in D.C.

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  6. Cybercat

Oct 17, 2014
    East Tn
    Thanks for the heads up on NV. Will make a note. Need to make many notes while reading these threads.

7. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    Even the best agents will put it to you. Not on rates, but on schedule or P/U & delivery. I've no doubt they are under a lot of pressure to get things covered, But never think for a moment you are doing a favor. To them you are a tool to get the job done, always bear that in mind.

I'll give you an actual example in a minute.

blairandgretchen and csmith1281 Thank this.
  8. Cybercat

Oct 17, 2014
    East Tn
    Oh we know. Also if ElD goes thru this month it will be a whole new game. Tons of frieght as many driver OO throw in the towel. In a months time it will be total chaos. Never to recover.

9. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    Not so much on the ELD. They initially thought they may lose as many 1200 drivers. Last count there were 9,598. Now they are putting the number at 150.

10. Cybercat

Oct 17, 2014
    East Tn
    Wishfully thinking. I know 3 x that in person that are leaving driving if they have to go on Elogs.

11. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    The roads will be barren, the shelves will be empty, the gas stations will be dry. The online orders will never arrive.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.