Landstar So Far

Discussion in 'Landstar' started by Dave_in_AZ, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Learning the game

Learning the game Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2017
    Well I've heard different, most guys I know are happy and making enough to pay their home mortgage.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Learning the game

Aug 6, 2017
    I heard it's possible to net $1800 monthly @ Interstate, yeah that's (Net) after expenses, running between 2000-2500 miles, and there's no benefit in me hiding the numbers, it's room out here for everyone to make money. This is where I'll probably lease my truck onto, and I'll pay my driver 60cpm . As long as I can generate enough revenue to cover the maintenance on the truck, I'll be good, because the revenue generated will pay for the truck, and eventually that money will become more revnue.That's just my take on it.

4. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    If you get into trucking just to make money, you're gonna be pretty miserable.

Verily I say to you, the successful trucker has a co-driver that looks good in sexy witch / Catwoman outfits.

That one guy is really spazzing out isn't he?

Please see my thread on I need an ugly truck.

5. Learning the game

Aug 6, 2017
    I'm already into trucking. Lol,

6. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    Every lease operator I've met say they make 300 grand a year.
    I bet a owner op would would make double that in the first 4 months of a year.

7. whoopNride

whoopNride Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Miss.
    You are funny. No two people are the same, it's kinda hard to compare. Give me a million dollars, in 10-12 years I will have 3 million. Give some people a million dollars, they will be flat broke in less than a year.

Oh, and when you say 2.25 per mile? Are you talking gross or after Landstar gets there cut?

8. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    This is all you need to know to succeed. Just do what the video tells you.

9. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    The $2.25 is gross LS still get their %of that and you have back out the fuel surcharge, BCO get all of the fuel surcharge. I was hauling flat screen TVs for that rate per mile at 2600 miles for $5,800. That was some of the best van freight LS had. I could not find short runs that pay more per mile that I could do in a week that would come even close to $5,800 for a week. I liked to do $5,000 a week off the load board if I could.

I did several hazmat loads of liquid mercury for the government that other LS drivers wouldn't haul NJ to NV then I could reload in CA to PA for a round trip of $11,000 or something

I found it very difficult to find short runs that pay more per mile and you could actually run in a week. Because LS did not have the customs for that. You could get great rate Chicago to Northeast but LS had nothing, not even cheap freight to haul back. One agent had some cheap auto parts run back to Detroit I did that till that was gone.

10. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    so if I give you a million today, in 10-12 years you will have 3 million, but I will still be wondering why I gave you that money.

11. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    Personally, I roll this way though............

All the answers you seek, are in these forums.
    When you can take the corndog from my hand, you will have learned.

Hit 'em boys-

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.