Landstar Sucks!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by David548, Dec 16, 2019.

1. Mid-May Trucker

Mid-May Trucker Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2018
    Clearly somebody is making money if they can get away with 70%.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    They're doing something right. Lots of people work with Landstar. Many people who buy trucks say, "I wanna lease to Landstar."

4. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    If you have what it takes you shouldn't need LS. How much do you pay a year to use their board & fly their colors.
    Your never 100% in control under someone elses authority. At most I'll give you 87.9%

5. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    Most of Landstar brokers are franchise’s and double broker like no other.

Eldiablo Thanks this.
  6. Voodoo Pyg

Voodoo Pyg Oink! Oink!

Jan 25, 2015
    Texas
    That's every owner op right?

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  7. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    Landstar DOESN'T have any drivers
    your a business owner try acting like it or go lease on to someplace that will hold your hand and walk you thru....

Voodoo Pyg, spyder7723 and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  8. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    70% of $3 is $2.10

100% of $1.80 is $1.80

9. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] PC Security

Welcome, Dave_in_AZ
    • My Freight ▼
    • Money ▼
    • Links ▼
    • Settings ▼
    • Contact Us ▼

Card Balance Inquiry

Welcome to Landstar's online Card Balance Inquiry.
    Current Balance(s)
    xxxxx2xxx $27124.97

That's what's on my settlement card at the moment. How much is on yours? My money is on the card in days, not weeks or months.

My contract is with LS. They don't get paid, I still get paid. My insurance is cheap. Fuel is as cheap as anyone will get it.

There's a load right now I could take and net $2600 on by Monday morning. I realize this is lunch money for you big timers. To me it's a lot of money.

I haven't really taken a lot of time for myself though, and I'm taking this holiday.

Merry Christmas!!!!

Oh, and they gave everyone a coupon for a free holiday dinner at TA & Petro.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
  10. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    Landstar is an incredibly tough place. There are agents that have been here for 20 years that are BIG, that constantly have to fend of new comers trying to steal their business.

Landstar doesn't intervene. They are the "house."

I haven't seen any place where they claim, " Welcome to Landstar, the land of milk and honey."

11. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    I don’t suppose you were in Ky this week Dave? I saw a truck that looked like yours pulling a Landstar trailer.

Just like you and many others on this forum, I am proud of the company I am leased to and the revenue per mile I earn. I also want my carrier to thrive, grow and therefore gain more and more good paying contract freight to haul. I have often in the past tried to suggest different options to help those who weren’t happy with their freight, rates and or company. It seems almost like many of those who gripe about how bad they have it don’t really want my help and don’t really want to improve their situation. It seems like they would rather continue to gripe about how bad life is and how terrible trucking and this unfair world we live in is treating them. They often seem to think that because they have it bad pulling junk freight for junk rates that I must be lying about not doing the same thing myself. I think in the new year I may just start giving those unhappy campers my “thoughts and prayers” and not actually suggest they do anything different to help their situation. After all I don’t really give a f@@@ if they succeed or not. Did I really just say that? I can’t believe my own mouth sometimes.

Dave, I and the many other successful owner ops with a strong desire to succeed on this Truckersreport Forum can continue to do whatever it is we do to generally perform much better than average. We may even continue to share best practices with each other to possibly help do even better. We all have room for improvement, no matter how good we are doing. Those unhappy underachievers can keep on doing the same thing over and over and continue to expect a different outcome. That is the definition of insanity, doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to those of you who don’t want to be average and do what it takes to not be average.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.