Landstar Trucking????

Discussion in 'Landstar' started by tc906, Mar 8, 2015.

1. truckfam

truckfam Medium Load Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Frederick, OK
    We've been with Landstar for 3+ years, as O/O. CRST wants him back and frankly, we can't be bothered. We have issues finding loads, as is.

tc906 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tall Mike

Tall Mike Road Train Member

Aug 20, 2014
    New York

once agents get to know you and know they count on you your phone will be ringing a lot..

KVN and tc906 Thank this.
  4. truckfam

truckfam Medium Load Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Frederick, OK

Wow, we're not getting paid because the agent wants a different address on the BOL. Everyone else gets the money first.

spectacle13 and tc906 Thank this.
  5. hawkjr

hawkjr Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Virginia
    Learn the system & build relationships with Agents and you'll do fine.

6. dan lark

dan lark Bobtail Member

Sep 7, 2015
    landstar sucks...they broker through c.h.robinson and have a policy of giving you $50+ for ratting out another landstar driver....IF YOU HAVE TO DO THAT TO MAKE A LIVING!...#### ON LANDSTAR!!!

joseph1135 Thanks this.
  7. Chris50

Chris50 Medium Load Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Florida
    HAHA sounds like someone got busted parking on a ramp or the shoulder somewhere.. Yes, Landstar has a couple strict policies but its fairly easy to avoid any issues. Ive heard the rumors about rats in the nest but never a bounty for tattling.. In the year and few months ive been there ive only pulled one CHR load and it paid decent enough to get out of where i was...

8. icsheeple

icsheeple Trailing the Herd

Nov 1, 2013
    Kansas City, KS
    Why not lease to Farm to Fleet? Or a carrier offering a better percentage?

With LS, your limited to their board, and it takes some time to get established with agents.

Lease to an outfit with good safety, and the best percentage you can find.

9. onlyonetime

onlyonetime Bobtail Member

Sep 18, 2015

What everyone has replied is true but some other details are what the load pays is not true, these loads are bought maybe 3 times. So a load that starts at $4000 but by the time it hits the board it is $1500. There is a lot of money lost to a o/o at landstar by the time they see it. I was a company driver for 25 years and the last 15 with 1 company making 82,500 gross. These agents will lie also by telling you the load has been sold but it has not. A new landstar driver can go into bankruptcy if things do not go right the 1st 6 months. The other thing is if you wait to be close to your drop date to book your next load you can just plan on sitting however if you book to far out you are risking that a load will cancel on you and if you created a 10 day window of loads...this will screw you when one of the middle load agent cancels on you because their regular driver was able to take the load to kick you off. Truly the only way to make money there is to have your truck paid off & low home expenses to run landstar's cheap o/o rates. Anymore it does not pay to be a o/o..the agents compared to the old days have taken all the money out of the o/o pay to their own pay. I have returned to my company driver position that i left that pays 82,500 gross and I only pay $100 a month for family insurance because the company picks up the rest..I am on a dedicated run and home 2 days a week compared to being out 21 days and sitting at a T/A instead of home. I am not trying to bad talk landstar it is the truth what others have replied and what I added.

10. hawkjr

hawkjr Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Virginia
    "There's a lot of money lost at LS before it gets to the driver..." lol, beyond false but ok

11. Chris50

Chris50 Medium Load Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Florida

Whattt? So the $2 a mile van load(after split) i take from the LS loadboard really started out at $5.50-$6 a mile.. Not a chance... You keep enjoying your company job making $1500 a week, doing what someone tells you to and let the OO`s do their thing. I wouldnt get out of bed for that money at this point.

DougA Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.