Landstar vs Schneider Choice ( Comparison )

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Jar-Head, May 9, 2014.

1. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    The funny thing is the lane is Alabama where you are.......

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nikmirbre

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    I understand you calling BS.(Assuming you drive leased onto SNI) You have no idea what spot market freight is like(Assuming you drive for SNI) The 1.75 a mile you make while combining a higher paying load and a very low Kimberly Clark drop n hook load like SNI has taught you makes you think SNI is the best thing around(Assuming your leased to SNI) Im not here to convince anyone otherwise.

4. Jar-Head

Jar-Head Road Train Member

Dec 7, 2013
    Yeah but 3000 gross is 1950 roughly so from Charlotte to say Philly is 589 on miles that puts it up to
    3.00 plus ++ to the truck and the gross rev would have been 5.00 ++ you know I never thought about that but your right that does seem a little far fetched

5. nikmirbre

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    3000 gross=1950 gross???? How did you come up with that? I don't get %65.. if you have your own or rent trailer you get higher %...plus, LS give you fuel surcharge so my NET on that load was around $22-2300 wow you guys truly don't make any $ over there........you think its impossible for run to high rates......

6. nikmirbre

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    Animal/jarhead give me your email, ill email a months worth to you two, but I don't want em posted......

7. 10 speed

10 speed Light Load Member

Aug 3, 2010
    Alabama
    I'm sorry but I need to see it to believe it... BTW! Send us a pm... I give my word. I WILL NOT post it... I can't speak or post for jarhead

8. 10 speed

Aug 3, 2010
    Alabama
    It was my understanding LS paid 65% of the load like Schneider and 70% if you had your own trailer. Also, i'm not arguing one way or the other. I think both companies are ok. $6.00 mile is :biggrin_2551:....

9. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    You guys drinking the orange kool aid thinking the only $5 a mile van loads are ones from Dallas to Fort Worth kill me. In the free market loads like that happen quiet a bit for the ones able to leverage them. Been a few Choice drivers inquire with BigBadBill about leasing with us. From what he was telling me in conversations with those guys rates in markets that have typically been hot for us are strangely poorer markets in the Choice program. That's what happens when a captive audience gets taken advantage of. If you have no way of negotiating higher rates in markets that command them you're just at the mercy of whatever they tell you the rates are. And they will most definitely take full advantage of that, especially when you think of them as a happy family they love that, because that's just business as usual for nearly every carrier out here how they take candy from a baby.

10. 10 speed

Aug 3, 2010
    Alabama
    you guys must be pulling military or oversized loads

11. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    No. Just time critical dry van freight. Lots of times even general commodities pay rates like that, bottled water, colas, in a pinch it's amazing what they are willing to pay on some of this freight. All the while there's a lot of drivers getting boinked on rates pulling the exact same loads. SNI logistics earned my respect in the fall when a buddy of mine got connected up on some really big bucks amazon loads from them. They're like everyone else. They'll pay whatever it takes if they need a truck. Most times they don't, but when they do...

Shakey52 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.