Landstar@#@#%^^$#@@!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by dhooks, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Truck609

Truck609 Light Load Member

Dec 17, 2011
    Arizona
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jbatmick

jbatmick Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2009
    hastings, Fl
  4. -insert name-

-insert name- ATM squishier

Jul 12, 2012
    SOMEWHERE
    This is trucking.

Oops I broke the chain.

5. x#1

x#1 Road Train Member

Dec 24, 2009
    Cherokee County, Alabama
    so after it is all said and done,perhaps you can post the Landstar agent name and if you would ever use this one again.
    i pull for an outfit that gets my loads and when they can't they in turn use a broker and all the landstars i have pulled for were fair.my only beef with them is the amount of checking in they require before,during,and then after the load/unload.they truly make sure all your paperwork is spot on preload so to pull for them declares that you are above board imho-

6. dhooks

dhooks Light Load Member

Jun 25, 2012

So the big cheese from the landstar,office called me this afternoon, says they been having trouble with this account and 2 show up for crane apt but decline 2 unload till they call landstar and sign off on detention which they have,been balking at.

account,

7. LSAgentOZR

LSAgentOZR Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    What Oscar said. You're a fool for taking an OD load for $2.50 a mile with you paying permits anyway and have no one to blame but yourself. You're exactly what's wrong with this industry and why people use uShip instead of reputable companies or agents like this guy who jerk you around and keep all the profit. I'm going to guess it was Landstar FWF? Would I be correct? They handle A LOT of over-dimensional in and out of Texas. Your only real recourse now would be to call Landstar Customer Service and inform them of the situation and see if you can get some more detention pay settled out prior to delivering the load. Remain professional and courteous with the personnel in that office and you may (I make no promises on this) see an increase in your detention pay. Above all else - DO NOT give Landstar an ultimatum or threaten to hold a load hostage. You will be done with Landstar forever and they will report you to the DOT. Let me say that again because I can not emphasize it enough... DO NOT GIVE LANDSTAR AN ULTIMATUM OR THREATEN TO HOLD A LOAD HOSTAGE! DON'T EVEN KID ABOUT IT. It's like making a joke about a bomb in your luggage at an airport with TSA.

You're a fool. Period. If I ever found out your MC number, I would make sure Landstar added you to the permanent no haul list. Actions like that will get you put out of business quicker than you could ever imagine.

8. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    i was gonna say. 2.50 and permits.

and yall complain about cheap paying loads.

and does LS really make you all call that many times? cuz i was thinking about them some time in the future. but not if i'm going to be spending more time on the phone then actually hauling the loads. specially with the STEEP fines these days.

9. LSAgentOZR

LSAgentOZR Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    No, typically it's daily check calls on high priority loads. And there's no fines if you're hands free.... just sayin'!:biggrin_25525:

BigBadBill Thanks this.
  10. BigBadBill

BigBadBill Bullishly Optimistic

Oct 2, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    LS Agent gives some good advice. LS Corporate does a good job getting things straitened out.

And, my drivers are doing loads with hourly check calls, arrival calls, loaded calls, MT calls - Service above all else - and that is what the customer is looking for. One of the reasons we have worked our van freight above $2.50/mile.

SHC Thanks this.
  11. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    These are things that handicap many operators who have years or decades of experience. They "know what they are doing", and of course no one doubts that, but don;t let them be bothered with little details, just leave them alone and let them take care of it. Which is not what customers want and not what they are paying for. But you can;t tell a driver who's been doing this for years anything and they know what they think they know. As far as all the blowhard 800lb gorilla comments regarding getting detention pay on this oversized load. That sort of stuff will get one no-where and only pi$$ everyone off, and ultimately when one thinks about it who really has all the cards in this situation, from my standpoint as a driver who wants to be done with the load as quickly as possible - they do... My grandmother always said you'll catch more flies with honey than you will #### and she was right. Landstar corporate once paid me $1300 in detention pay over the weekend, actually it ended up being about 5 days, due to a shady agency that they had many problems with in the past screwing me over and putting a load on my truck that should have went on a LS-BCO "drop and hook" truck. They did NOT have to give me a single cent and I knew that was a GOOD possibility. They didn't give us that money because we made threats and copped attitudes.

FLATBED, BigBadBill, kajidono and 2 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.