Landstar@#@#%^^$#@@!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by dhooks, Jul 29, 2012.

1. rickybobby

rickybobby Road Train Member

Jul 10, 2010
    greensboro, nc
    No need for insults..... Thats like him sayin your a fool for working there..... Im just saying!

Motownfire Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. -insert name-

-insert name- ATM squishier

Jul 12, 2012
    SOMEWHERE
    Alright now, calm yourself. I haven't even gotten anything from Landstar, much less been apart of it! But if you'd like for me refusing to take the cheap stuff ok, I won't touch anything related to Landstar.
    The deal is final.

4. LSAgentOZR

LSAgentOZR Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    You're right. I apologize.

You're looking in the wrong places. :biggrin_25517:

rickybobby Thanks this.
  5. -insert name-

-insert name- ATM squishier

Jul 12, 2012
    SOMEWHERE
    Ah, maybe.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  6. Winkjr

Winkjr Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Marlton NJ
    How do you become a landstar agent? Can a driver switch into that?

7. dhooks

dhooks Light Load Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Im a,fool? I had a,$4 mi load 2 tx - my oldest son was getting babtized this weekend and it was,important for me to be there. I took the best paying,load i could find in 2 days of looking that,would get me home for that. Trust me i hated it but it was miss it or,pull general freight for 1.40 mi or this so i chose this. I would sit there then pull that cheaply. So yea way 2 cheap but important 2 me.

The agents supervisor called me last eve and asked me 2 show for crane apt but decline 2 unload till they signed detention pay as they have,problems,with this shipper on other loads right now,2.

Long story short it took them a couple hours 2 get it straight. Oh and tye crane showed up 4 hours after i got there.

Wish i had,never started the thread based on how it went.

Adam if you can keep me in $4 a,mile oversized id be happy 2 talk. I tried getting in touch with you but you were out, talked to your dad i think.

Im im a crazy fool so be it.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
    camaro68 Thanks this.
  8. camaro68

camaro68 Medium Load Member

Dec 17, 2011
    Tennessee
    Your son getting Baptized is well worth the trip. And I'm sure he was looking forward to you being there. Cheap rate,high rate, whatever the rate. You made the right decision. Family comes first!!

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  9. dhooks

dhooks Light Load Member

Jun 25, 2012
    and for the record i never threatened 2 hold it hostage, i aasked if we could unload later in the week so i could meet other obligations.

10. LSAgentOZR

LSAgentOZR Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Any driver can, but typically they want you to already have a book of customers now a days before they'll give you a contract. I'll tell you like I told another driver here who asked me, it's not as easy as 98% of the trucking community believes it is. You don't just magically get loads, post them and have them covered within 2 minutes of posting it on a load board. I spend months grooming potential customers for one single shot to move their freight and then work on a load by load basis to earn their trust. One failure and I'm back at square one and it's something that's out of my hands a lot of times. Sometimes it's because I chose the wrong carrier, but they were the only people I could get to commit to the load. These are bad paying loads mind you. The majority of ours meet lane averages and some exceed them by far. I always try to pay the best rates possible because I want people calling me back knowing that I'll be honest with them and pay them fair rates.

I'm sorry I wasn't in, I also work full time as a Firefighter/Paramedic so I'm gone every third day. I apologized for calling you a fool if you look above. I get frustrated with drivers taking cheap freight and then blaming the brokers/agents all the time. If people wouldn't take cheap freight, then the rates would go up. It's not your fault and I certainly understand why you chose to do it. Bravo to you for working hard and trying to be a good father. For the record, I never accused you of trying to hold the load hostage, I was trying to correct what a few others here were telling you to do, specifically the guy that posted below you who I was far from impressed with. Hopefully you don't take too much offense to what was said. I'm glad you did get taken care of. We have A LOT of good people who are agents for Landstar. Unfortunately, there are just as many retarded idiots who somehow manage to get a contract and "cut & paste" freight and give us all a bad name when they do drivers wrong because they lack morals and integrity.

11. aiwiron

aiwiron Road Train Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Sunny Tampa Florida

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.