Landstar@#@#%^^$#@@!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by dhooks, Jul 29, 2012.

1. LSAgentOZR

LSAgentOZR Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Nashville, TN

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dhooks

dhooks Light Load Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Yea I wasnt sure who you were calling out, I just wanted to be clear what happened. NO offense and I should have given it a better title.

I wasnt complaining about the rate, other then that it was low, but I was ok with it under the situation I was in. I paid fuel my fuel and put enough in my pocket I was ok with getting home. The sad part was this was the absolute best load I could find in two days of looking.

Now about this 4.00 a mile OS coming out of texas , lets talk :) Get me one a week out of there and Ill be a happy camper.

4. FourCircles

FourCircles Bobtail Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Make sure if you call of the load boards to call ALL loads from same point to point. I have a lot of experience of Land* double booking my loads (reposting). Just a heads up, it may have paid better earlier in the food chain.

5. LSAgentOZR

Nov 1, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    We don't do nearly the over-dimensional I'd like to. FWF out of TX does quite a bit, but I will not endorse them as we don't work together. I do know the Landstar Agency in Del City, OK does quite a bit of over-sized and I would endorse them because I have spent time getting to know their owner and he is good people. The vast majority of the stuff I move is legal loads like building products (both vans & flats) and things like fire trucks, cars, show freight, etc. Outside of that we do a lot of container work, hazmat, and other miscellaneous shipping. Again, I apologize and want to make sure you know I didn't call you a fool for "attacking" Landstar. I didn't think you were doing that in the first place.

The reason I did call you that was for taking a cheap load and then getting screwed around when everyone on here preaches and preaches about "no cheap freight." In hindsight, I was absolutely wrong for doing so, but everyone has bad days, and as I told the mods who nailed me after I got reported by some mild mannered citizen, I was the only one in our office yesterday due to medical emergencies and people out on business and needless to say, it was a bit hectic. On top of that, I worked at the Firehouse Monday and slept a total of 3 hours in 24 for about 1 hour at a time so I was exhausted. Does that make what I did right? Not at all, but perhaps it'll shine some light on why I was quick to lash out.

You give me a call any day and I'll do everything I can to help you out like I do the other people I've made connections with on TTR who keep in touch with me on their position and needs.

6. LSAgentOZR

Nov 1, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Landasterisk? I'm guessing your TQL or UTI? Could it be that maybe your "customer" is also a customer of that company you previously mentioned so they may also post that load? I'm not going to sit here and say it doesn't happen because I've caught a few Landstar Agents doing it and have nailed them to the wall for it, however it's rare and our agency doesn't condone it. We do have carriers who have signed co-broker agreements with us that we do post their loads on the boards to get them out to more people because we have so many contracted carriers, but they agree to that on the front end and we typically only make the bare minimum on them.

BigBadBill Thanks this.
  7. FourCircles

Aug 1, 2012
    Not the case. The agents call and ask for freight for a lane. They are set as trucking only. I can go to the load boards within 10 mins and the loads are posted. I've also spoken with agents outside the office and they are told to hock loads from other load boards and repost. I even hired one as an agent and got the story on how it works. Anyways, paperwork comes back and you can see who picked up. Its the carriers loss for not calling. Landstar took another $200 on each load. Its fairly common. I would never say that ALL agents there do it, but many I have come across let me know "If I cant cover it on our trucks, Ill let you know before we send an outside truck in." I'm not here to bad mouth whatsoever. Just saying call all of the brokers if they are posting same lane.

LSAgentOZR Thanks this.
  8. LSAgentOZR

Nov 1, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Do the right thing and don't deal with these people in the first place. If they can't go out and find their own customers they don't need to be agents for anyone and giving us all a bad name. I've been told Landstar is slowly starting to crack down on these folks as they are caught. Hopefully corporate will get them all weeded out before too much longer.

BigBadBill and SHC Thank this.
  9. BigBadBill

BigBadBill Bullishly Optimistic

Oct 2, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    We have had the oposite experience. If we see it posted several times and LS being one of them (we never call on any of the LS loads unless they are on the LSBroker.com) LS will almost always have the better rate. Exceptions are when a small broker has the load and willing to do it for 5% or less to get volume.

LSAgentOZR Thanks this.
  10. FourCircles

Aug 1, 2012
    I haven't since I saw the PODs. I agree, I think the bigger brokerages wanted to gain market area too fast and some bad apples will ruin solid reputations.

11. LSAgentOZR

Nov 1, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    There's actually times we'll book loads at far lower profit margins than we like in order to get loads covered for a customer that another broker mis-quoted or intentionally quoted low and then couldn't find trucks or to try and get the business only to double back and try to take them for more.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.