Landstar@#@#%^^$#@@!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by dhooks, Jul 29, 2012.

1. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Sounds like the kind of shenanigans a cheap freight agency like MRE would pull. Those guys always have plenty of cheap freight all over the country. Wondering if that's the reputation they have from a BCO perspective. I did mention this once in another posting and got a thank you from a LS-BCO so I assume that is correct and most BCO's have them pegged as such. Or maybe they give all the golden freight to the LS-BCO's? Somehow I doubt it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RedForeman

RedForeman Momentum Conservationist

Jan 30, 2011
    Sometimes you really have to dig deep to look past a few hundred dollars to see the hundred thousand in play. I have my own tiny axe to grind with Pilgrim's Pride over a damaged trailer. It sucks, it's not fair, and I'm totally butt hurt over it and won't forget it. On the other hand, don't think for a minute that stops me from going back and scooping up dozens more trouble free loads at the same place. They're paying it. I'm just not calling it out on a separate line on my invoice.

Hope it works out for you in the long run. I've had more than usual load and appointment mishaps in the past few weeks so I feel where your coming from.

BigJohn54 Thanks this.
  4. LSAgentOZR

LSAgentOZR Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    You're not the first person I've seen those letters from in a negative light. In fact, you're about the 5th or 6th. Have you talked to anyone at LS Customer Service?

5. rollin coal

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    No I just grumble about it all the time. I just assume it is what it is and apparently they have no trouble moving freight like that.

6. LSAgentOZR

Nov 1, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    The old saying goes, "Don't %#!@# about the problem if you're not willing to provide a solution." Just sayin'!

Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
    Old Man Thanks this.
  7. rollin coal

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    True, I'm one to be talking I guess. It works pretty much like this. I never have and never will book a load from this bunch. Even when the "great capacity crunch" was on prior to the 4th July and I grinned when I saw their rates rise hourly on a few loads, still wouldn't waste my time with them even if I had felt desperate. They're simply taking advantage of the market and doing lots of volumne. They post loads all over the lower 48 like that. Now whether they are just outright greedy with direct or pulling double brokering shenanigans I don't know. But it's really not a concern for me to waste corporate's time with it.

8. dhooks

dhooks Light Load Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Happy to say I got an additional $1500 off this,load.

9. LSAgentOZR

Nov 1, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Fantastic News! It was great finally getting to talk to you on the phone the other day. PM me your contact info please, I accidentally shredded it with a group of papers.

10. pilottravel2002

pilottravel2002 Medium Load Member

May 25, 2011
    Tucson,az

[​IMG]

THIS WAS FUNNY.

11. pilottravel2002

pilottravel2002 Medium Load Member

May 25, 2011
    Tucson,az
    You're a fool. Period. If I ever found out your MC number, I would make sure Landstar added you to the permanent no haul list. Actions like that will get you put out of business quicker than you could ever imagine.

[​IMG]

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.