landstar

Discussion in 'Landstar' started by broncrider, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Saddle Tramp

Saddle Tramp Medium Load Member

Jul 13, 2009
    laurel, nebraska
    well I know of one o/o that didn't make any money yesterday. I work for a farmer hauling corn to Colunbus, Ne. there was a landstar o/o broke down on hi-way 15 south of Wayne, Ne. I saw him at 4:30 am going to Columbus from Carroll Ne., he was there all day. I asked if he found someone to help him but got no answer back on the cb.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    Im set up as a BROKERED CARRIER with landstar, and a FEW others also. I never put my eggs on 1 basket. The difference with landstar is there loadboard, I get to pick the load I want and question the pay, sometimes they have a rate set and a few times they will ask you how much you need to make? You better have in your mind what YOU need to make for that load. 80% of the time I've gotten what I need to make. You always give them a high figure at first then negotiate from there. One of the best things I like about landstar is there PAY system, soon as they recieve the paperwork you get paid in 2 days for 1.5%. I use priority mail for $5.00. Well worth it.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  4. Saddle Tramp

Saddle Tramp Medium Load Member

Jul 13, 2009
    laurel, nebraska
    Well I talked to the driver that was broke down on hi-way 15, he told me that the wreaker had come all the way from Salines, Ks & dragged his t/t up to Great Dane Trailers. Had the trailer left there, had his truck towed back to Kansas. He said all that was wrong was a connector that was hooked up to the battery. The piece had two wires comming out of this piece & one wire had the insolation stripped off, causing it to short out. I work p/t as a security guard on the weekends. He said that he broke down on Thurs. about 10:00 pm, & the wreaker came at 10:30 pm on Friday. I told him he should of called Hansen Repair in Laurel, Ne. or C & H wreaker service in So. Sioux City, Ne. this was not part of the battery cables.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  5. TMFGO45

TMFGO45 Bobtail Member

Jan 27, 2008
    Saint Cloud, Fl
    Hey Diesel, what is a brokered carrier? Is that different that just leasing on with Landstar as a BCO?
    I'm just wondering how you are on with more than 1 company? If I could get qualified with landstar, and a few others as well, I would really like the sound of that. Can you give me more information on that?

Also, I do believe Landstar now has direct Deposit. And they will advance 35 or 45% of the load after pickup, then pay the rest as normal.

6. sofer54

sofer54 Bobtail Member

Dec 29, 2010
    CROWN POINT,IN
    hi,mike just to reply on your decision to go back with land-star i just need to fill ap and send ,i,ve been o/o for 25 years and now like to work for myself choose the load.As of your opinion what is the best way with this Agents to do and how to get involved with them so you can get better loads??any opinion of you will help me a lot,thank,s :biggrin_2554:

7. Regul8r

Regul8r Bobtail Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Kansas
    I'm on my second lease with Landstar. I must admit I love the company in general. They leave me alone and let me do my thing.
    sofer54: the only thing I can tell you is that you may have to take a couple of loads you aren't real fond of in order to get "in" with a agent. Especially if this is a agent that does a lot of freight in your preferred area. Once you have been at it for a few months you will learn who has the freight that goes where you want. Since I had been with them for over 3 years last time I just picked up where I left off. Called the agents I worked with and most of them remembered me. So I was right back off and running.
    Landstar will help you in any way they can. They have adviser's that work with you for the 1st 90 days to help you acclimate to the system. But as with any business you have to use your head.

8. Mortar Man

Mortar Man Road Train Member

Dec 16, 2008
    What do the the rates avg on general ?

Do they include FSG in the rate ? Or is it additional

9. HEAVY DUDE

HEAVY DUDE Road Train Member

Jan 5, 2010
    NUNYA
    There is no avg. rate. Well I guess there is if you want to divide 13,000 loads per day by the rate divided by the miles. Get the point? FSC is sometimes included in the rate but, broken out so you get 100%. If you have a specific question I will try to help.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  10. Mortar Man

Mortar Man Road Train Member

Dec 16, 2008
    Thanks heavy

I guess what I mean is what could you avg ... Or more specific

What do you avg if u don't mind sharing

Thanks

11. HEAVY DUDE

HEAVY DUDE Road Train Member

Jan 5, 2010
    NUNYA
    I pull a Double Drop stretch trailer, so my rates won't help you. What trailer are you pulling, where do you live, ect? I"ll look on the board and tell ya what is posted.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.