Landstar

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by jarken22, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Bigdaddy12

Bigdaddy12 Bobtail Member

Dec 26, 2014
    I have had my own authority and as easy as it is at Landstar why go thru the headache and all the bs with your own authority.I have been with Landstar 3 years and plan to retire here if you look at some of the o/o here there is a reason why there is approx.8500 of us and a reason why some of the drivers here have been here 35 plus years.Its not hard to figure it out.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RogerThat72

RogerThat72 Road Train Member

Jan 30, 2014
    You run as many miles as your legally aloud due to trailer GPS.

4. Harley380

Harley380 Bobtail Member

Aug 23, 2014
    charlotte NC
    i agree Bigdaddy, I am liking this gig alot ,where do you run outa ?..i'm in charlotte

5. rakusa

rakusa Light Load Member

Nov 13, 2005
    It is a relief to hear happy BCO's after reading that "Beware of LS" thread. I will fall in the happy group fitting that profile stated here if accepted. I am in the background phase entering week 2.

Should I wait for them to contact me for the documents listed in their email?
    How long does this process take from start to orientation?

It took 11 hours from submitting app to getting a call from them which was nice. Next day email requesting previous employers and steps to orientation.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
  6. rakusa

rakusa Light Load Member

Nov 13, 2005
    Anyone here with LS in 2008/9/10 when the S hit? Were the loads plentiful or down to the point of getting stuck somewhere?

7. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    No at times you got stuck and times there were loads…..just depends on where you were…but, they really weren't paying all that great!!!

8. nikmirbre

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    As long as you sent the documents they need you should be good. It will more than likely depending on your history take a few weeks...

9. crzyjarmans

crzyjarmans Road Train Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Home
    I talked with LS back in 09', they sent me a packet with actual loads they had, but best estimate I could come up with, was about $1.06 per mile adding in the empty mile, hopefully things have gotten better with them, when their recruiter contacted me asking if I received the packet, I told her I did, told her my problem was the $1.06 a mile think, she said their loads are more on an average of $1.80, I said yes, but I need to factor the empty miles as well, as I must pay for fuel to get there, she said she understand, but don't pay any dead head, at the time I was leased onto JCT, with a $1.35 average on all miles, loaded and empty pay, could justify the switch

10. rakusa

rakusa Light Load Member

Nov 13, 2005
    I am now getting $1.22 per mile on all miles including FSC so I must ask current BCO's if their revenue is better including DH? $1.06 may be acceptable to learn rates lanes enroute to my own authority but would like to know how current BCO's compare to the $1.22 all in.

11. nikmirbre

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    Im on flat i done 229k on a little less than 90k odometer miles….

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.