Landstar

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by jarken22, Jun 6, 2008.

1. mastllc

mastllc Medium Load Member

Aug 28, 2008
    somewhere in ga
    im at about 1.70 for all ,miles with a company van

rakusa Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rakusa

rakusa Light Load Member

Nov 13, 2005
    Sweet, so on the load board the rate posted is without FSC? Reading the documents W9, Lease Statement etc.... PITA

4. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    No most do post the load with the FSC included…..for the most part, the FSC is based on the weekly DOE. Some agents are know to give you a lot more per mile for the FSC also….

rakusa Thanks this.
  5. rakusa

rakusa Light Load Member

Nov 13, 2005
    So while waiting for a trailer I got everything in order and ready to roll with no pending tasks when I get my trailer... these truck numbers are huge! Anyone know of a place that does Landstar numbers a bit smaller? The all in one DOT# sticker don't look good on a white truck. They look dirty and in hindsight I should have cut them into 3 lines and installed them but they would have been crooked knowing my talent....

6. hawkjr

hawkjr Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Virginia
    Just buy some better looking mailbox number or go to a truck lettering place

rakusa Thanks this.
  7. DougA

DougA Road Train Member

Dec 16, 2013
    Retired,In my shop in Md.
    There are a lot of positives to Landstar besides the availbilty to get freight and make money,when you learn how.They will finance your license plates,permits and tire purchases,with no interest charges.Fuel discounts are also huge,almost a dollar a gallon in some instances.Won't find a better price on tires,either.And you get paid quickly.The only thing that will hold your pay up,is if you submit something wrong.I'm retiring from Inway Heavy Haul at the end of the month after a long and prosperous trip with Landstar,have nothing bad to say about them.

fireba11 Thanks this.
  8. rakusa

rakusa Light Load Member

Nov 13, 2005
    When thoughts of buying a used van enter, the thought of maintenance raises doubt this will be a good investment. Still on the fence on this....

9. Billygoat

Billygoat Bobtail Member

Dec 21, 2016
    What kind of drug test is it? Urine or hair?

10. Big Nassty

Big Nassty Bobtail Member

Aug 3, 2015
    north mississippi
    I just got through reading the entire thread. Thanks for all of the info. Just about to be done with all the paperwork and etc. I should be going to orientation soon. I hope I have the success many of you are having. Your help to others is impressive. BTW...the drug test is urine.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.