Lane departure

Discussion in 'Prime' started by SavvyRed, Aug 29, 2016.

1. SavvyRed

SavvyRed Light Load Member

Apr 22, 2016
    Oh this is a good hypothesis. I'll run several trials and let you know :p

Friday Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SavvyRed

Apr 22, 2016
    I ride the solid white line. I always have. Now I'm training and having to be neurotic about turning it off. I don't mind it going off every once in awhile, but it bothers her quite a bit.

4. Friday

Friday Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Charlottesville, Va
    Yeah I do the same. It's a lovely safety feature really. Designed for absolute driver comfort in mind. Not heart attack inducing at all.

5. redoctober83

redoctober83 Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    Just slide the grey box up, that should release it from the window holder and then put it facing up in the passenger side visor. When you get to the terminal, just slide it back into the window holder again. When it's in the visor, hit the off switch and it'll turn it off completely until you restart the truck, not the 15 minutes it gives you when you hit the button while driving down the road.

SavvyRed Thanks this.
  6. SavvyRed

Apr 22, 2016
    Thanks red! I must not be yanking up on it hard enough.

redoctober83 Thanks this.
  7. redoctober83

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    Yeah, that doesn't sound wrong at all. Just yank it harder and it should finally release. Good luck!

SavvyRed Thanks this.
  8. SavvyRed

Apr 22, 2016
  9. Prime-Mate

Prime-Mate Light Load Member

Dec 17, 2013
    Its worse than scraping a chalkboard with fingernails, and now with this Pavlovian conditioning, I can't drive my car without panic when I get close to the white lines.

darthanubis and redoctober83 Thank this.
  10. redoctober83

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    It's not the lane the departure that I can't drive a car without now, it's the #### onguard and Jake brake. I'm so use to knowing how slow the idiot in front of me is going and if it's worth passing. Plus, I rarely use my air brakes in my truck, it's 80% Jake brake and when I get home and drive a car it takes me a few times trying to hit the button in the steering wheel that's not there to realize I need to use my foot. My family has learned not to ride with me the first couple trips when I get home unless they want whiplash and to be scared shirtless before I hit the brakes, lol

11. dngrous_dime

dngrous_dime Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Lansing area, MI
    When I buy my own truck, I want to see how much it'll cost to get radar installed. I love being able to clock people. I won't have it tied into my brakes, tho.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.