Las Vegas a bad city to hotshot?

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by elamigowapo, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    www.OOIDA.com is a business website for the owner-operator and they have loadboards and insurance. I understand insurance can be purchased cheaper on the open market though.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I don't know; study the OOIDA webiste for that.
    One thing I do know though, successful hotshot owners aren't going to spread the wealth because it's very competitive.

Ougigoug and Big Don Thank this.
  4. elamigowapo

elamigowapo Light Load Member

Apr 18, 2017
    you are right but Im determined to give it a shot. As far as age Im 24, I turn 25 next month I have a decent job thay gives me some financial freedom thats why Im lookin to invest in something. I know what I need to do to get my permits and cdl but the actual operations Ill b honest idk much about thanks though.

5. elamigowapo

elamigowapo Light Load Member

Apr 18, 2017
    I appreciate it Ill go ahead and check it out.

6. flatbedcarrier

flatbedcarrier Medium Load Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Southern California
    You have to treat going into Las Vegas just like you would if you were going into Phoenix, Tucson, Denver, Montana, Idaho. Whenever you head to these places it's imperative you get a really decent rate per mile going in because when you look for a outbound load the freight is scarce and the rate per mile on what is available will turn your stomach . Your inbound rate per mile needs to be high enough to make up for the low outbound rate per mile.

You wouldn't believe the rate per mile we get going to Las Vegas.

Xray4 and Lite bug Thank this.
  7. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    200 bucks?! Hahaha. Man are you in for a rude awakening when you start getting quotes for commercial insurance and the required 750k dollar liability.

LumbraX Thanks this.
  8. vipexpresscargo

vipexpresscargo Bobtail Member

Sep 15, 2020
    Hey guys,
    How are y’all making out with your DOT audits? Anyone having issues? Is it time consuming considering you are in the road? This question is mainly for owner operators.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.