Late delivery charges.

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by VOVAN 29, Jul 21, 2019.

1. VOVAN 29

VOVAN 29 Bobtail Member

Jul 21, 2019
    Hello everyone. Recently I fased with problem of late delivery charge. Broker gave me a load with delivery appointment set for the time which my driver could not reach physically on time. My mistake was that i didn't look in rate con good enough and see actual delivery time. But on the other side in my disscussion with broker he never mention about any appointments, he just told me that delivry day is Thursday. Pick up was set for Tuesday mornig with 2500km drive to destenation point and as I will find out later delivery for 6:00AM. Thursday. I was charged by broker $500 for late delivery, and nobody told me on what this prise was based. So, how can I find out was it fair charge or not?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. I glide 47

I glide 47 Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2017
    What's fair got to do with it ,you said it's your mistake, learn how to read learn from this, trucking is business treat it that way

Midwest Trucker, MartinFromBC and ZVar Thank this.
  4. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    Didn’t the rate con have a time for the delivery? If it does your screwed. If not you can fight it.

Rule #1 never trust a broker and the ones you trust, verify.

Also what happened is what many people call “shafted”. To drive 1600 miles in two days = impossible on elogs.

You sir took a load that was designed for a team then got charged $500 for doing so.

Meaning broker walked away with a nice commission

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  5. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    Whoa, did the rate con, have late charges mentioned??? Did you read the whole contract, is this a broker you use regularly?

I glide 47 Thanks this.
  6. MartinFromBC

MartinFromBC Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2018
    Read... and then read again, any contract before you agree to it.
    Cheap lesson to learn really...a measly $500.
    Think of it as paying for education.
    We all make mistakes in life...use this one to learn.

7. VOVAN 29

VOVAN 29 Bobtail Member

Jul 21, 2019
    Thank you guys for feedback.

8. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    :biggrin_25512:
    открой бутылку !

Snailexpress Thanks this.
  9. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    I generally pulled flat or step, it was rare for me to have an appointment, unless I had to coordinate with a crane or something to be on site, fairly rare for me to have more than one pickup or stop to unload, probably even rarer forme to let anyone stack lumber on one of my trailers.
    But for some ungodly reason I took a 4 stop georgia pacific lumber load, with appointments.
    When I got loaded and got the bills, I knew it was flat impossible to make the second appointment, so I called the reciever and ask for it to be changed, no way was what I was told,if I couldn't make it, my new appointment would be for the same time the next day.
    I said, fine, I am delivering in Cleveland, in the morning, you can pick up your product there, no charge. lol
    Seems like they actually could change my appointment. lol

MartinFromBC and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.