Latest Message from the CEO

Discussion in 'TMC' started by joecool313, Oct 2, 2009.

1. REDD

REDD The Legend

Jun 29, 2009
    Dueling Banjoville
    Pete's do hold their value.... But the TMC short hood Pete's have no comparison with the extended hood 379's or a Harley.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ignatius

Ignatius Light Load Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Tanasi
    This is where I'm at! I'm still grateful to TMC for giving me a shot at my first driving job, and I'm gonna try my best to ride it out until I have my 2 years experience, but I can live without having smoke blowed up my arse.

I'm all grown up, and I wish this company would treat me as such. Why they tend to treat their drivers as uneducated bufoons baffles me. I've met several TMC drivers; most are very conscientious drivers, who take safety seriously, as do I, but the way the company treats us... well, it just belittles our efforts to do a good job.

And then there's the matter of all the changes they've recently made... the ones that ultimately cut drivers pay/benefits, one way or another.

This is not the same company that I started out with! And I understand the poor shape of the economy, and how it impacts the flatbed business, but the whole atmosphere at TMC has changed, and imho, it's changed drastically in the last 6 months.

4. waco's sunshine

waco's sunshine Bobtail Member

Oct 12, 2009
    waco, tx
    I'm sitting here going ah huh ahhuh ahuh...
    For many of the reasons stated above and a few I'll neglict to mention...
    I'm no longer with TurtlesMovinCargo....

After 6 plus yrs with them(if you count the training time), after giving them 100% for all this time... putting up with all the changes... I have from them, my 3 yr safe driving awards, and watch, Trainers flight jacket, and my 5 yr Safe Driving Awards, Ring and Watch... IF you count both loaded and bounce I have in excess of 980, 000 miles...
    But when push came to shove all that didn't count with them.... it just didn't matter to them at all...

that's when something's gota change....

I finally had to make a change or have my family go under trying to save the company pennys...

folks, when your average pay for the last month with TMC is $535/week, and that is on average, 1/3 of what it was weekly the first 3 yrs with TMC... something has gota go....
    So I went... I'm still trkn.. I'm still in a long nose pete, sure it's a different color... not governed eather... I'm still flatbed.. well if you call a 3 axle stepdeck, flat.... i'm still hauln both legal an OD. Get paid way more than 10 smackeroos if and when I have to tarp...

I was accepted at the new co less than 24hrs of leaving TMC...
    Due to my work habits they were glad to have me aboard...

And best and most of all,

I'm out from under all the excessive, un-nessary stress that TMC places on their Drivers...
    and
    BTW I'm not being treated like a child anymore....
    I am a Happy Camper(Trucker).....

5. FirNaTine

FirNaTine Light Load Member

Nov 12, 2008
    South Jersey
    Happy to hear you moved on to greener pastures and getting treated good with respect too. I know what you mean by low paychecks,, granted I only lasted a month on my own there, but making $400 a week or less didn't sit well with me. I know I was a newbie but I also left due to other personal reasons. I make more now working part-time driving dump trucks and collect partial unemployment even. I also more happy and home every night.

Thought of going back, but seems like things got worse so that is discouraging me, especially with the tolls and no EZ-pass since I live in New Jersey and ran a lot of the North East stuff.

Good luck to ya

6. joecool313

joecool313 Light Load Member

Oct 9, 2008
    NorthEast
    Thats great to hear waco...Congrats on the move in a better direction....I don't have the time in you do but still feel the same as you described....Good luck in the future, and continue that safe record!

7. KMLAQ

KMLAQ Light Load Member

Nov 18, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    Like you guys I'm tired of this place. I started my career at TMC and left once for about two months and now I'm close to two years. The TMC I started with is not the same company today. The EZ pass excuse they give is pure bullsh/t. I picked up a truck paper today and there's a Pete dealer in Ohio sellling 07 TMC pete's, yet I have a trainee who was just issued a KW with over 500,00 miles. I think they are broke, why would they do that. I love how they claim we have the best trucks in the country, got my truck serviced the other day in Gaston and I have four well worn drives instead of replacing them they took them off the rim and spun them around, I asked about it and the shop told me they had to get every inch of rubber of these tires. I would like to congrat Harold though he now owns the the SWIFT of flatbedding, we are the laughing stock of trucking, we might as well work for werner, swift, schneider, maverick. It's just a shame what we have come to

8. FriedTater

FriedTater Keeper of The Snakes

Mar 25, 2009
    United State of Texas
    Did TMC run Passmore out of business ? or did Passmoore just float to much paper?

9. joecool313

joecool313 Light Load Member

Oct 9, 2008
    NorthEast
    I heard Prime bought them out a couple years back...

10. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    Prime did. I had one of their trucks. I had to go to altus to get it.

11. cplmac2

cplmac2 Heavy Load Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Watford City, ND
    Congrats Waco! Good luck in your new home, I really hope it works out for you.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.