Lather,Rinse,Repeat

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by TruckingFireMedic, Jul 14, 2020.

1. TruckingFireMedic

TruckingFireMedic Bobtail Member

Jul 14, 2020
    First, sorry for the delay. The last couple of weeks have been a roller coaster. So I finished out the rest of the orientation week. We spent most of the next week on the pad being instructed and performing hands on backing maneuvers. We all got a chance to take a "road test". It felt good to get back behind the wheel again. Again, study study study. Spend all your free time studying. As Rich the safety manager says, "Blow their socks off" Wilson takes safety very seriously. Don't brake a safety rule. Please don't we lost a trainee due to a safety violation. Over the last week of OTR I've been to Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, and now I'm delivering in Massachusetts.

Lonesome, larry2903, 650cat425 and 2 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. davefred99

davefred99 Bobtail Member

Aug 13, 2020
    What safety rule got a trainee run off.

4. TruckingFireMedic

Jul 14, 2020
    Hello, again from my couch at my house. I'm back home for a couple of days waiting on the SCDMV to get my license straightened out. I guess I should tell you all. I PASSED!!!!!! I took my CDL pre-trip, basic maneuvers, and road test which I passed first time. I am so proud of myself. I had doubts about my ability to pass that test again. A lot of things have changed over the years, the mirrors don't shake near as bad, the transmissions are automatic now, and they have this little box that tells you when your too tired to continue.

SC-joe, Lonesome, alds and 4 others Thank this.
  5. TruckingFireMedic

Jul 14, 2020
    The trainee forgot to set the brakes while on the pad. Which resulted in thier termination.

Lonesome, alds and born&raisedintheusa Thank this.
  6. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Great that you passed! Congratulations!

7. SC-joe

SC-joe Bobtail Member

Congratulations on your CDL. I'm talking with Wilson right now and hope to be starting here soon. Maybe we will run across each other.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.