Lawmaker introduces common sense hos proposal..

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by drvrtech77, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    Well thats called the highway department i believe

Scooter Jones Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    Sorry but I believe in getting er done, not piddling around all day and night.
    But if this law passes then you can nap and eat and nap and drive your 11 hours in a 17 hour window and then take a 10 hour break.
    Inztead of working hard and smart and getting done in 12 hours

4. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    Passing people in the rain? You kidding me? I am on Elogs, meaning I am about safety and impeccable trip planning. I look at the projected rain forecast and leave out three to four hours earlier than necessary. I then slow down 1 mph for every tenth of an inch of water accumulation.

Before they put the Elog sticker on my truck, I would take risks. Now that people know I have Elogs, I am like every other driver on them. (Super thorough pre-trips, following all traffic laws, professional behavior and dress attire, holier than thou attitude, etc). I tell you, it’s hard to back in a truck stop parking space with all the hoods popped open nowadays checking the fluids and belts, brakes etc.

Every time I come upon a big truck wreck, I roll the window down and shout “did your Elog malfunction and you had to run paper logs?” It’s the only plausible explanation.

BigBob410, Brettj3876, Dan.S and 2 others Thank this.
  5. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    Possibly, unless there were a combination of two or three events. Like FedEx in the median causing a backup. Then, your trailer tag light is out when you get to the D/H and they only pay me to drive attitude most people have so you have to call roadside. Get to a dock and the international Lonestar is on the door and can’t move because no matter how many times he pushed the “D” button it just won’t go into gear. You would run out of naps that day.

Dan.S Thanks this.
  6. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    I drive a Volvo daycab with an automatic.
    Sure beats shifting the old fashioned way

7. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    In the future the aftermarket truck accesory folks will come up with a way for you to extend the automatic gear shifter several feet so you can reach up to put it in Drive.

Dan.S Thanks this.
  8. AZ Pete

AZ Pete Medium Load Member

Dec 27, 2017
    Huh. Dunno if that accomplishes anything useful. I think getting rid of the 70/8day nonsense would be more of a help.

06driver Thanks this.
  9. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    Part 395 does not care how many naps you take. Hell you can drive one hour a week.

10. Md420

Md420 Medium Load Member

Nov 2, 2015
    Tn
    Cut the 10 hour break to 8
    Get rid of 30 minute break
    Get rid of 70 hour crap
    Get rid of 14 hour bs

11. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Yea, no thanks.
    While those numbers can use some tweaking, the days of drivers running on speed for 3 days are gone, thank goodness.

Why do people want to work more? Where is the lobbing to get paid decently for a "normal" day's work? There is nothing moral about working 14 hours a day, as opposed to working an 8 (or 10, or 12, or even 16) hour day.

MBAngel, daf105paccar, brsims and 2 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.