LB INDEPENDENT CORP

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by throwawayaccount1234, Aug 17, 2021.

1. ABurando

ABurando Bobtail Member

Dec 19, 2021
    Im starting LB independent corp I'm nervous but I don't want them to screw me out of the truck

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ABurando

ABurando Bobtail Member

Dec 19, 2021
  4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Would you rather they screw you in the truck?

rockeee, DRTDEVL and TB John Thank this.
  6. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    After you've been there awhile let us know how things are going. Be careful, and good luck.

48Packard and Lonesome Thank this.
  7. Elizbeth28

Elizbeth28 Bobtail Member

Jun 24, 2022

8. Elizbeth28

Elizbeth28 Bobtail Member

Jun 24, 2022
    Throwawayaccount1234: If you were the one that successfully got (some of) your money back, would you reply on who you contacted to get that done? Would sincerely appreciate that! Thanks!

9. Lwtg1457

Lwtg1457 Bobtail Member

Sep 20, 2022
    I would like to know this also

10. throwawayaccount1234

throwawayaccount1234 Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2021
    I did a DOL complaint in the state of IL, plus talked to a dozen different attorney's out there, Have to hire an attorney from IL. It's all a pain in the ###. The DOL complaint will go to them, and of course they will reply that you were not an employee but a contractor, now the DOL will fight this for you but it make take up to 2yrs to go to a judge in court. You can wait on that court date or Next option is hire an attorney, it will be a pain because if you don't live in IL, you are trying to explain everything over a phone call, even though you have all documents showing theft. You can get any attorney if you want to shell out a lot of money, but Most will not take on a contingency deal because these are smaller companies and they already know how half these mofos are not even in this country. You can pay an attorney a couple hundred to send a certified demand letter. They may wise up and send you a fraction of what they owe you. I was not gonna leave this issue alone if they thought they were not paying me a dime, after I ran around about 6k miles and grossed almost 17-18k or whatever it was only for them to stiff me, but I was only there like 8-9 days, so I looked at what they payed me as another life lesson, cut my losses, but don't expect to get anything close to what they really owe you. Multiple extra deductions and BS. If I had been a driver there maybe 6 months, I can't tell you what may have happened knowing how much they would have stole. Maybe if enough of us come together on this we can start some sort of class action lawsuit. I would def join.
    Also a guy on here replied after not believing me, then found out the hard way, said his girl was gonna have fun taking them to court, not sure how he fared, could maybe ask him.
    Good Luck

Last edited: Sep 21, 2022
    TB John Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs