LC Transportation

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by ScooterDawg, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Fratsit

Fratsit Light Load Member

Jul 7, 2008
    Brookings, SD
    Man Scooter....you must be running hard. Have not heard from you in 2 weeks.

R/

Frat

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ScooterDawg

ScooterDawg <strong>"The Blue Tick Lab"</strong>

Nov 23, 2008
    Trinity, NC
    Yep, that and then some. Been getting some great miles. Lots of other things going on, including moving up to Mt Airy. Linda and I decided that there was really nothing keeping us in Raleigh (other than home ownership), and many reasons to move up there. Not only will it put me closer to the yard (1/4 mile to be exact), but it will put us closer to our cabin in Tennessee, which we have always wanted to make into a weekend getaway, but never had the extra 8 hours to come and go. Now it is within 2 hours. Quite do-able.

Found a place right down the road from LC which is perfect for us, out in the country, and "wonderfully quaint". Big yard, great neighbors, and a huge garden for Farmer Linda to tend. During the day, you hear nothing but birds and the wind, and at night, CRICKETS!!!! Lots of crickets. And the BIGGEST benefit..... there is a Libby Hill Seafood Restaurant right down the road. If you have never had it, you need to put that on your bucket list.

But yeah, LC has been keeping me busy. I don't mind.... that is why I got into this. In a nutshell, over the last year, life has come together nicely for me. Doing what I want, making more than enough money to pay the bills, getting to see the country and meeting some highly unusual and interesting people. And now I am moving into an area that has always intrigued me (even before I knew anything about LC).

For those of you who weren't aware of it, Mt. Airy is where the Andy Griffith Show and Mayberry RFD was set. And yes, the jail, Floyd's Barber Shop, Snappy's Lunch, and many more "sites" are still there. The town has grown up some, but it still has the charm that you see in the shows.

Enough about me.... this thread is about LC. Still running a bunch of Colorado runs. Bubba is headed to Wyoming next week (he is excited - gets to add another magnet to the refrigerator). Being as I am getting ready to move, they put together a run for me (a quickie) to Chicago and back. Left out Wed morn, delivered Thur, reloaded Thur afternoon, and dropped it in the yard on Friday (yesterday). That way I could have the weekend to finish packing and get ready for the move.

Ya see, this is the kind of cooperation and teamwork that exists at LC. I told the VP of the company I was looking to move up there from Raleigh, his father, who happens to own the company, found this house and took me down to see it, the dispatchers rearranged my scheduling so I could get moved on my own time frame and schedule, and then hunted for the loads that would make it happen and put the most money in my pocket in the shortest period of time.

Am I bragging on the company I work for? Absolutely. Wouldn't you? It's nice to feel like more than a number.

Happy ARF!!!!!

_ton bundle Thanks this.
  4. Fratsit

Jul 7, 2008
    Brookings, SD
    Scooter,

That has got to be by far one of the best response's I've read on here in a while. I wish you and your wife all the best in your move and congratulations on your new home.

I'll have to keep Libby Hill on my list of places to try. I have been bugging the wife about making a drive up to Philly one weekend and doing our own little Philly Cheese Steak Review between Pats and Ginos. I am a fan of the Travel Channel and Food Network and have a long list of places to try.

I like your description of Mt Airy. I like and prefer the smaller towns, unfortunately for me the wife is a city girl and likes the conveniences of malls, resteraunts, clubs, and movie theaters a stones throw away. Which usually means a subdivision with rules (read: HOA) and not condusive to parking a large car out front. We are gonna have to come up with a compromise. Frankly, Elizabeth City North Carolina is not doing it for either of us.

Your working hard for LC and it is nice to see that they are working for you, too. I see on their site that they are hiring student grads. Its refreshing to see some of the companies hiring again. As for me....I just took a set or orders to the USS Donald Cook (DDG75) for what will be my last tour in the Navy. I report in November. I am excited to be able to end my career the way a Chief should....at sea, leading a division of young sailors.

Thanks for your hard work on the nations highways. I appreciate it.

Regards,

Jeff

5. ScooterDawg

Nov 23, 2008
    Trinity, NC
    Yeah, been dealing with all of that in Raleigh as well. Looking forward to the change. For what it is worth though, they have a few malls there, tons of restaurants including Outback, Sagebrush, and let's not forget Waffle House (ehehehe). It is indeed a small town, but it does have some big town amenities..... if you ever get a chance, check it out. We'll leave the porch light on for ya!

It is myself and every other American that should be thanking you. And I DO thank you, and all of your "staff". Out there standing up for OUR freedoms is by far a much more notable duty. Granted, without trucks, America stops. But without our Armed Services, our Freedom stops. <bows to Fratsit and the DDG-75>

Patriotic ARF

Attached Files:

_ton bundle and Fratsit Thank this.
  6. _ton bundle

_ton bundle Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Elevator Bay, Minnesota

Your new place looks great. Congrats!! Glad to hear that things are still going well with LC.

7. Fratsit

Jul 7, 2008
    Brookings, SD
    Scooter,

Thanks for the kind words and the thanks.

I like the new pad. I bet it is quiet and peaceful. Looks like a nice place to sit outside in front of a fire in the cool fall evening.

R/

Frat

8. JohnnyC

JohnnyC Light Load Member

Feb 17, 2009
    virginia beach, virginia
    Mt Airy VS Raleigh. No contest. My favorite place in NC. I was up there a couple of weeks ago. Those mountains are some of the prettiest. God bless you and Linda in your new home.

9. ScooterDawg

Nov 23, 2008
    Trinity, NC
    Hey there TB..... Yeah, things could not POSSIBLY be better. The only downside to the whole deal was the 2.5 hour commute to and from the yard. It has now been reduced to 2.5 minutes (really). Got great neighbors, small town feel, and I don't even know if you can call Rush Hour, "Rush Hour".

Coming to Appleton, WI this week, if you felt like shooting across the state, I'll buy dinner.... ehehehehe

Only been here two nights, but the first night, all you could hear was the wind blowing through the trees. And there were so many stars out, the mind could barely comprehend the number. Last night, there was absolutely no sound. It was actually so quiet, it was almost deafening. Sounds retarded, but if you have ever experienced that, you know exactly what I mean. It's good to be me..... Happy Driver, Happy Driver.....

Thanks Johnny. Yeah, Linda got to see the view from I-77 on the hill going up to Fancy Gap today. I literally had to peel her off the window. She was quite taken. Then I took her to this "off the beaten path" country style buffet restaurant that I haad been told about. She is quite happy (and full) right now.

Only regret I have is that I hadn't done this years ago!

Big 'Ol Country Grinnin' ARF!!!!!

_ton bundle and Fratsit Thank this.
  10. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Sounds like yall need to spend a day off with a picnic basket on the Blue Ridge Parkway. What restaurant did you go to?

11. ScooterDawg

Nov 23, 2008
    Trinity, NC
    Hungry Farmer, just outside Cana on 52..... you been? If not, you need to. Dinner Buffet..... $6.99. We are getting up tomorrow am to go for the breakfast buffet...... ok, so I am a little excited....

You ought to come up and meet us!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.