LC Transportation

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by ScooterDawg, Nov 13, 2009.

1. ScooterDawg

ScooterDawg <strong>"The Blue Tick Lab"</strong>

Nov 23, 2008
    Trinity, NC
    Well, as I mentioned in my post to MacroGuy, there has been a little change for me at LC (and I am thrilled!!!!!)

Recently, we began hauling some UPS Freight and I was lucky enough to be chosen to be a part of that team a few weeks in.

This is my first week of doing it, and so far, I couldn't be happier. Mostly it is drop and hook, but I have had to do 2 live loads (which was no biggie). Anyway you want to dress it, it beats being at the mercy of a lumper.

The loads are light and so far, I have dropped every trailer once I reached my destination. Been to SC, Cleveland and Chicago already. But you know what? The delivery times have been quite reasonable, and everyone I have dealt with so far was very pleasant. And just like everything else, you can run legal and still make a good paycheck.

Not really sure what the holiday weekend will hold for me, but I am fine with getting some sleep and watching these DVD's that have taken up residence in the truck.

Life is good......

Happy ARF!

_ton bundle Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PCDoctor

PCDoctor Light Load Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Thanks for the info. I got a call from Dale at LC this afternoon during class, and he wants me to call him when I get done with the course (June 10 is my road test). I'll let you know how it goes!

4. ScooterDawg

Nov 23, 2008
    Trinity, NC
    Man that is phenomenal! 8 more days!!!! Good luck. Let me know if there is anything else I can do or answer.

OK, so here is an update. Thought I would give it a solid week before I passed complete judgement on the UPS gig.

I absolutely LOVE IT!

A few things were a little weird, like the car blocking the road at 4am Saturday morning on Central Avenue in Chicago, Birds with inverted tails, and a rat standing in the middle of I-35 staring at me as I drove over him (I didn't hit him, I stradled him). Reminded me of the "Last Act of Defiance" poster.

In one week's time, I went from Mount Airy, to Charlotte, to SC, to Cleveland, to Chicago, to Memphis, to Eagle Pass, TX, and I am back in Memphis, pulling a 34 before delivering near Paducah tomorrow. So in the last 7 days, I have racked up 3383 payable miles. And it has been an easy drive as far as the time constraints go. Not to mention that it is primarily Drop and Hook, which makes it all that much better.

Really tickled with the new assignment.

Smilin' ARF

_ton bundle Thanks this.
  5. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    ScooterDawg are you pulling a 53 or doubles?

6. ScooterDawg

Nov 23, 2008
    Trinity, NC
    53'. Back up, "click", take off....... (ok, so you have to hook up the hoses, raise the gear, and pre-trip).

Naw, not interested in pulling doubles..... they can get you into trouble <grin>

7. RichardF

RichardF Bobtail Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Raleigh, NC
    ScooterDawg! Hey Man! You know who this is hit me up on email futrellconsulting at gmail.com

8. ScooterDawg

Nov 23, 2008
    Trinity, NC
    Good luck tomorrow Buddy..... I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!!!

9. ScooterDawg

Nov 23, 2008
    Trinity, NC

Well?
    Well?
    Well?

10. ScooterDawg

Nov 23, 2008
    Trinity, NC
    Hey y'all

Wondering if I could ask a favor......

My niece is getting married Saturday, June 12th at 2pm in PA. Unfortunately, I am going to be on the road and will be unable to attend.

My favor is this..... If you read this, and you happen to think about it, on Saturday at 2:45 pm EST, could you sound your airhorn for 2 seconds in Jennie and Cory's honor?

I sure would appreciate it!!!!!

Thanks!

11. PCDoctor

PCDoctor Light Load Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Winston-Salem, NC
    If I had a horn I'd sound off with ya. BTW, I did pass my road test. Heading to DMV this morning to turn in my paperwork and make an attempt at the tests for HazMat and Tankers endorsements. The school called to tell me that one of the students had his fingerprints results already in the DMV system so mine might be done too. If not, I guess I'll have to go back again.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.